Solved Help Running Kodi without "AppData" Folder
Is there any way to install Kodi or to chance a setting somewhere so that all plugins and addons get stored directly to the Kodi installation folder rather than

C:\Users\Outside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

I am asking because it is a pain to have to reset up Kodi every time Windows goes down when I could just run it off an external drive or something. I have searched for a few days and cannot find anything on this exact topic.

Thanks Smile
Install kodi in portable mode.

Wiki about:

If you wish, you may run Kodi in portable mode by adding the -p switch (in the Target field after the closing quotation mark) to the shortcut's properties used to launch Kodi. This will then use the Kodi folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the Kodi folder. This is useful for running Kodi for Windows off a USB stick for portability.

You'll have to put the Kodi folder in a place where standard users have write permission (e.g. not under Program Files) or run the shortcut as admin (even though you're logged in with an admin account). Otherwise you'll get the error message "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting."

You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the userdata folder you use is not overwritten.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
How would I upgrade without interfering with this?
(2015-06-23, 23:30)mccorkled Wrote: How would I upgrade without interfering with this?
Just install the upgrade to the same folder and run in portable mode again. it will upgrade your portable_data folder
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Thank you both.
Am I correct in thinking that Kodi must always start using the portable flag for this to work?
Yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Running Kodi without "AppData" Folder0