Linux OpenGL driver not found
Hello,

kodi was still working fine. After i tried to test my system stability with installing boinc-client boinc-manager and boinc-amd-opencl (that was the issue i think) i get an error message now from kodi that openGL rendering doesnt work.

I tried to reinstall the driver but it doesnt work.

glxinfo says
http://pastebin.com/M6h7x4z9
xorg Log says
http://pastebin.com/x7ptwEDK

My System
Intel i3 4130T
Ubuntu 14.04
Kodi 14.2

What can i do?
Quote:OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect

Yeah, broken. sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-dri

If that does not help, ask on ubuntuforums or reinstall kodibuntu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hey,
your idea wasn't the solution but perhaps a part of it.

I have installed your software and fglx and it doesnt work. after i removed your software and fglx i was able to apt-get updateund upgrade.

he installed x-server-intel and other stuff and than suddenly it works Big Grin

Great Smile
We don't support fglrx at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah and kodi runs on fglrx like shit. But we are proud to not support the worst driver on the planet.
(2015-06-25, 08:36)fritsch Wrote: sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-dri

I have a fresh out of the box INTEL NUC, after may tries, I got a "successful" install off a USB then get this error on boot "kodi needs hardware accelerated OPENGL rendering . install an appropriate graphics driver."

so - linux is all new to me (i.e, REALLY!) CONTL _ALT F1 was fun)

so I input the above line and get "reinstallation of libgl1-mesa-dri is not possible, it cannot be downloaded....

um... what now?

thanks.
Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi 19.x (it self updates, not sure what we are on now)
** need advice on an NAS Server for Kodi to access **
I tried the above command line without the --reinstall and I get "unable to locate package libgl1-mea-dri

display all 1989 possibilities ? y or n
Nvidia Shield Pro
It's mesa not mea. Btw. this has nothing to do with kodi and most likely your distribution support channels are best for solving this problem. As you seem to be a linux beginner, you have two options a) new installation b) try OpenELEC perhaps it fits your needs.
yes, I saw that mea was a typo, I have since typed it correctly and my system advised that it was already installed.

timeline
Yesterday I installed the hardware, then I installed kodibuntu-14.0~helix_amd64.iso - and Kodi doesn't run. A new installation; this is the point I am at right now.
did I install the wrong ISO perhaps?

OpenELEC - perhaps. my first google of it seems to be be a hardware solution.

I would like to stick with Kodibuntu and appreciate your help.

would this be the best follow up?
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

HAPPY EASTER und frohe Ostern. Wink
Nvidia Shield Pro
Quote:Hardware NUC6i5SYH 8gb ram
^^ this hardware?

if yes -> kodibuntu v14 is too old for that, tool old kernel, too old vaapi, too old intel xorg driver. You need to install a custom howto like: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955 which is a quite advanced task. Good luck - perhaps you create an Osterwunder :p
:-) Danke. Ich sag's wie es läuft.

(translation; Thanks, I'll tell you how it goes)
Nvidia Shield Pro
I dunno.... seems I prefer the click and run. I just cant seem to get this magic fritsch version 6.0.98 -- even scanned your repository. got a link for a guy that wants to goto bed?

Thanks.
Nvidia Shield Pro
6.0.98 is old and outdated and not supported anymore.

So you skipped going the Ubuntu path?

Here is a version done by MattDevo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...EGL.img.gz for installation (as shown on the OE wiki, gunzip, dd, etc.)
Ubuntu - below issue was unclear to me so my thoughts at 2:30 last night were to pass on all the coding and perhaps to load openelec on the other SSD drive and work on that. It seemed to be marketed as the "one click installation". if it worked, I'd ditch the ubuntu - reluctantly.

I did everything properly up to the file creation part;
>Now we give the permission to shutdown, suspend the computer, therefore create the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla

I created all the directories, then in the /50-local-d/ directory I created the file as noted above. I noticed later, however, that the /etc/ directory was in the same directory as the other kodi directories and it wasnt clear to me if etc needed to be in the root directory or the kodi directory.

I'd continue using the ubuntu method as it seems to be a stronger set-up with more community support. However typing in all the items error-free was a bit of a deal last night... I assume there is some easier way to send this data (copy paste) to the other computer within my network so I dont need to type it in (all the time going blind trying to figure out if it's a lower case L or digit 1). Transferring copy paste from one computer to send to the other eludes me. I guess it's ssh? but no clue how to set that up.

I'm a willing Linux-newbie and actually enjoy the command line usage as it reminds me of my DOS days as a kid. I believe the Ubuntu is more powerful, but if you suggest me to install the OE I can do that.
Nvidia Shield Pro
You missed the / infront of the explanation.

sudo mkdir -p /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/
sudo nano /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla

edit the relevant files and save it (ctl o and ctl x)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenGL driver not found0