Win Using Keyboard as input
Hi,

I've just installed the latest build on Windows: KodiSetup-20150624-b8ba4a6-retroplayer-15beta2

Now, when starting the controller configuration, I receive the following message:

Then, when trying to bind some keyboard keys to one of the controllers, nothing happens.
The buttons stay at "Press A..." etc.

Is there a plugin I have to install (the "Joystick Support" addon)?

Please enlighten me Smile

Thanks in advance.
Same issue. Can't appear to use keyboard or xbox 360 controller. In fact, the 360 controller doesn't control Kodi at all now. It's possible I'm missing something obvious.
Here's a quick debug log trying to set up the input method and and also trying to use the 360 controller to control Kodi.

http://pastebin.com/FB5SK0Bu
You are probably missing the peripheral.joystick binary addon.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-06-25, 12:02)Montellese Wrote: You are probably missing the peripheral.joystick binary addon.

Indeed. It does not seem to be installed. Is there a reason it's not installed automatically, together with KODI itself?
Most likely because the build script and the installer haven't been adjusted yet to also include this new type of addon in the resulting installer.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Okay, I guess I'll just wait untill that's added then? Smile Seeing my previous encounter with building kodi/add-ons didn't work out too well... Smile
2861da318e5e5fad7c50e08872fdf491b6f7f611 should help for win32 but I'm not yet sure if it's the right way to go.
The latest windows build is https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits/e678164 so it looks like it doesn't include that commit. I see it was included in the commits I merged today. I'll pop out a new windows build
(2015-06-25, 20:37)garbear Wrote: The latest windows build is https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits/e678164 so it looks like it doesn't include that commit. I see it was included in the commits I merged today. I'll pop out a new windows build

Yeah I just added it today as a quick fix. I'm not yet sure how best to handle this. Is it correct that no joystick input will work anymore in Kodi (not just RetroPlayer) without the peripheral.joystick addon? If that's the case then we'll always have to ship with that addon installed (which is what the commit does). If not we can make it optional.
peripheral.joystick is meant to be distributed with the application. it contains the code that was removed when I ripped out the existing joystick stuff
OK then the above approach should be fine. The only problem is that building the peripheral.joystick addon might fail and the build will still continue which will break the installer. Maybe we'll have to extend the binary addons buildsystem to be able to flag certain addons as required.

Obviously similar changes will be necessary for the other platforms.
keyboard input for games was routed through the joysticks system, so keyboard input for games also dies if peripheral.joystick is missing

saving and loading the buttonmap to an XML file is a big load of boilerplate, so I moved that to the add-on. input dies without a buttonmap, because no one knows how to interpret any of the gamepads
that new windows build I mentioned is up
What are the default keyboard buttons?

Hitting "A" on the keyboard brings up the audio offset

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Keyboard as input0