TvTunes Hooks Changing
Information 
Hi,

As your skin is listed in the supported skins for TvTunes:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes#Ski...In_Support

I thougth that I would post on this thread to let you know that the way the hooks from the Skin to TvTunes work is changing.

There are 2 main changes.

1) TvTunes will now (From 5.0.2 - which has recently been published) run as a service, this means that there is no longer a need to run the script every time the window loads, this means you can now safely remove the:

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>

From the top of your window XML files.

2) The way that skins should calculate if TvTunes is running has changed (Previously there were 2 different properties, TvTunesIsRunning and TvTunesIsAlive). Now there is a more generic PlayingBackgroundMedia that should cover a wider range of similar addons should the need arise. This can be checked as follows:

Code:
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(PlayingBackgroundMedia))</visible>

I have created a pull request for Confluence which should give you a very good idea of what has changed and help highlight how this may impact your skin:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7315/files

Some more information can be found on the TvTunes wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes#Skin_Changes

The old method will still be supported for the time being, but will be moved after a release has elapsed.

If you have any questions, then please post to the TvTunes thread.

Thanks

Rob
@rob_webset: just post a heads-up in the skin dev forum ;-)

thread moved.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Rob.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up.

Are the changes for both Gotham, Helix and Isengard?

Should skinners remove the skin setting to Enable TV Tunes as it is now handled from the add-on settings?
(2015-06-26, 16:01)Gade Wrote: Hi Rob.

Should skinners remove the skin setting to Enable TV Tunes as it is now handled from the add-on settings?

Hi Gade,

Yes, the changes will work in all of these releases.

I think the Enable TV Tunes option in the skin settings can also be removed (if you wanted) - as long at it's not checked anywhere in the skin. (It may be checked for the "Download TvTunes" buton on the Information Dialog - but I think that check can be removed (But the button left), as its visibility is also controlled by the TvTunes Addon.

Rob
(2015-06-26, 16:06)rob_webset Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 16:01)Gade Wrote: Hi Rob.

Hi Gade,

Yes, the changes will work in all of these releases.

I think the Enable TV Tunes option in the skin settings can also be removed (if you wanted) - as long at it's not checked anywhere in the skin. (It may be checked for the "Download TvTunes" buton on the Information Dialog - but I think that check can be removed (But the button left), as its visibility is also controlled by the TvTunes Addon.

Rob

Hi Rob.

That sounds great. I will update for all versions as soon as possible.

I like the idea of keeping all configuration in the add-on settings. And Rapier's skin settings are already a bit complicated, so removing the button will help this a bit.

Cheers
Gade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Hooks Changing0