Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?
I was wondering if it is possible to combine the 'live' TV channels that I get via satellite / terrestrial (DVBViewer backend) with the IPTV channels that I have managed to find?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
You can either use a backend that supports IPTV or run the simple IPTV plugin in parallel.
DVBLogic (paid product) will do it. I currently have Freeview, FreeSatHD and an IPTV stream as channel 900 in the EPG.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
Thanks for the replies.

(2015-06-29, 11:57)rlg6767 Wrote: DVBLogic (paid product) will do it. I currently have Freeview, FreeSatHD and an IPTV stream as channel 900 in the EPG.
Arrgh! I bought a copy of DVBLogic but couldn't get to grips with it at all, so switched to DVBViewer. Confused

(2015-06-28, 21:49)negge Wrote: You can either use a backend that supports IPTV or run the simple IPTV plugin in parallel.

Do you know which backends supports IPTV? Can you explain what you mean by running a IPTV plugin in parallel?

Cheers,
bb69
Just enable two addons in Kodi and you'll have two backends. You can then use "IPTV Simple Client" for IPTV and whatever you want for your traditional TV channels.
(2015-06-30, 13:11)negge Wrote: Just enable two addons in Kodi and you'll have two backends. You can then use "IPTV Simple Client" for IPTV and whatever you want for your traditional TV channels.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought you meant by run in parallel. I was hoping to have the 'Live TV' section in XBMC to have both live TV (ie TV from a satellite) and IPTV in the same program without having to switch between two different clients.

Thanks.
That's exactly what happens if you enable two clients, there's no need to manually switch between them.
I thought I saw somewhere that there was a problem running two PVR clients in kodi at present, but I can't find the post or whatever it was I saw. But you are the team member so maybe I am imagining it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It can be a bit problematic to get all addons to actually start every time you start Kodi, but in general it works fine.
(2015-06-30, 14:59)negge Wrote: That's exactly what happens if you enable two clients, there's no need to manually switch between them.

Didn't know that Kodi automatically combined the channels from two PVR's, so thanks for the reply.

What I was also hoping to do is to combine the channels offered by a video addon - such as FilmOn - into IPTV Simple. Not sure if that can be done?
I would love to have one of my favourite channels - FilmOn Football - working in IPTV Simple. Smile
There's a separate PVR addon for Filmon, have you tried that?
I did notice that there was a PVR addon for FilmOn, but reading through the threads it seemed that it was still in the beta development stage?
EDIT: Have since tried the FilmOn PVR Client addon, but gives me error messages on installation. Confused

Other than that addon, is there any other way to combine the channels offersed by a video addon into IPTV Simple?
what about ontapp.tv?
@billybob69 not really, you'll need to create your own playlist that you load into IPTV Simple.
(2015-07-02, 07:00)negge Wrote: @billybob69 not really, you'll need to create your own playlist that you load into IPTV Simple.

OK, thanks for confirming.

I'll have to try and find some links for the couple of channels that I want to integrate. Otherwise hoping some developers will come along and design a new addon!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?0