disable autoscroll while busy
this is similar to the cpu being throttled with the busy dialog.

If I'm over something that has auto scrolling text and I click on that item, the auto scrolling is eating up the cpu. Is there any way to stop auto scrolling once I select something, i.e. when its busy (busy dialog pops up) ?
wouldn't that look like Kodi froze up?
look like..yes.
but I guess I trust it won't, also I know using the addon that it should have done its thing in 13 seconds. If I believe it froze I just press the power button and see the shutdown menu and hence know it hasn't froze.

this is mainly for my pi1 where I would see some benefit, I'll appreciate it if you know of a way to do this. I can alter xml files

EDIT: I also diabled the spinning busy dilog and yes at first its diorientating not knowing something is happening but I would say its more of a conditioned response. you expect the spinning wheel to come up and when you don't you get anxious BUT after seeing this a few times you see that its not stalled and will get to the next screen then you dont miss the spinning wheel atall and it becomes the norm then. try it, where just conditioned to expect that
removing the busy indicator along with stopping to process UI updates (scrolling) is at least nothing we'll add to core, users need feedback in some way. It'll ofc be fine to stop UI animations and show some "busy" overlay - however that will look like, but that overlay needs some animation, even if it's only 1 fps.

As for the scrolling - check out PR7233 - it's doing the same for the case the screensaver kicks in
thanks da anda I'll have a look, I didn't mean for this to be added as default or anything, it was for my personal sake. I don't think I have the skills to incorporate that into my use case, was hoping it was change a few files
(2015-06-28, 18:14)MediaPi Wrote: If I'm over something that has auto scrolling text and I click on that item, the auto scrolling is eating up the cpu. Is there any way to stop auto scrolling once I select something, i.e. when its busy (busy dialog pops up) ?

Can you describe exactly what view you are in when this happens? E.g. is this file view, library view or an addon?
its an addon, but doesn't matter which addon. I'm in thumbnail view.
For example if I'm in youtube addon and have thumbnail view and search for kodi. and say I want to click on something that has text that is autoscrolling (once I hover over it ofcourse) and I click on it, then kodi is trying to open the stream but also scrolling the text in the background.

thats why on my pi1 I thought it would be nice once I click on a link that has autoscrolling it doesn't autoscroll and concentrates on opening a stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disable autoscroll while busy0