• 260(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
hey fellas,

thanks much for the fabulous work done here.
i would like to report about a minor bug, show logo instead of title under showcase mode doesn't work with the latest git.

cheers
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2016-03-03, 12:36)pustekuchen Wrote: I think the more important thing for me is the remote problem, because without any chance to use the whole widget content it's just half the fun.

But it is ok when it is to complicated or to much work to find a solution. Then I will buy this USB ir receiver, please just let me know!
Because for me there is no better skin out there and to change the skin is not an option in my opinion.

(1) Bookmark this post so you know how to re-do the change in future, as it will be lost each time you update the skin
(2) Open Includes_Widgets.xml in your favourite text editor and find <include name="OnInfo">, currently around line 57
(3) On the line immediately after it add <onclick>info</onclick>, save, and reload Kodi (or the skin)
(4) If (re)doing this isn't something you're able and willing to do, plead with Mr. V for this to become an option in his widgets
(2016-03-03, 11:32)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Going to have another play with this skin in the next few days.
Just having alook in the forum as id like to use or import different fonts, ill see what i can find.

In the mean time ive been looking through this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211887&page=5
Do i need to install any of these for Madnox?

I do like the gold coloured resolution buttons, they look great. (Resolution Pack 2.0)

Hello! I recommend to begin to read the first page. there is important information regarding this MADNOX skin.... a lot of advice and tips on how to get the most out of this amazing skin.....there is tips and tricks ... TO MAKE YOUR MADNOX GO FULLY INSANE.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230821
MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
(2016-03-03, 13:22)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:36)pustekuchen Wrote: I think the more important thing for me is the remote problem, because without any chance to use the whole widget content it's just half the fun.

But it is ok when it is to complicated or to much work to find a solution. Then I will buy this USB ir receiver, please just let me know!
Because for me there is no better skin out there and to change the skin is not an option in my opinion.

(1) Bookmark this post so you know how to re-do the change in future, as it will be lost each time you update the skin
(2) Open Includes_Widgets.xml in your favourite text editor and find <include name="OnInfo">, currently around line 57
(3) On the line immediately after it add <onclick>info</onclick>, save, and reload Kodi (or the skin)
(4) If (re)doing this isn't something you're able and willing to do, plead with Mr. V for this to become an option in his widgets

IT WORKS!!!

thank you so much. You make me really really happy!

Absolutely brilliant I will never find this solution by myself.
I think it is a good idea to put your post on the first side, because there are many other users with android based media players with the same problem.
i will add the link of our most loved grandpa to my howto Smile

thx again Bob - u are the best man
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-03-03, 02:52)meowmoo Wrote: resizing the widget is way to much work, since it provide the same info as the panel im not gonna do it sorry

ok, but please leave "both pannel and widgets" as an option (maybe with a button) for users like me who want to keep it that way

(2016-03-03, 04:13)Mr. V Wrote: I jumped into this one a little quick. Fixed the issue with silvo, but it doesn't seem related. Before I do any major code changes to the widget info could you please provide me with a debug log just so can be 100% sure on the issue.

EDIT: I have tried everything I can but cannot reproduce the issue.

Here's a debug log for my malfunctionning widgets (wrong cast, no poster, no CD's, no cast). The best example here is Lone ranger which has wrong cast, no CD and no poster : Debug log

(2016-03-03, 13:00)sat4all Wrote: hey fellas,

thanks much for the fabulous work done here.
i would like to report about a minor bug, show logo instead of title under showcase mode doesn't work with the latest git.

cheers

Yeah...and also in wall info / wall large / banner plex. I gave that bug to schimi 2 days ago for him to transmit it to the team. Guess it has been forgotten

Anyway, nothing new about texture bug ?
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-03, 14:43)Lockos Wrote: Yeah...and also in wall info / wall large / banner plex. I gave that bug to schimi 2 days ago for him to transmit it to the team. Guess it has been forgotten

Anyway, nothing new about texture bug ?

1. post bugs ALWAYS here too !
2. dont forgotten, but i dont have this bug on my windows player
3. cant test yesterday, because i have to kill all those pinguins
4. will check today on my rasp and will see if its again a .... L...i... bug
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Okay I'll do that next time !

Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
hehe cute ... will kill him anyway !

because of missing logos --- seems the last fixes from MEOW had some pinguin poo on it - i had still my old variables in my working player - and when i copy the new variables.xml to it, my logos dissapear too --- but with the variables from yesterday they work
maybe you can check again the fixes from this night Meowmoo Mr.Birdking saver Smile

(2016-03-03, 08:26)schimi2k Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote: you wanna now how to save the Birds Tongue

for unwatched go to media/thumbs and rename OverlayUnWatched.png to OverlayUnwatched.png
for resume rename Overlayprogress.png to overlayprogress.png in the media root

hail me, i saved the Birds, time for another beer Tongue

HAIL TO THE BIRDKING !

ok and now... please explain me why "OverlayUnwatched.png" is working...
BUT "OverlayUnWatched.png ; overlayunwatched.png ; OVERLAYUNWATCHED.png ; Overlayunwatched.png" dont ?
even when i change the codes to the same name too Huh
i just want to understand why... why .... WHYYYYYYY Huh

thx

because "OverlayVar" checks for "$INFO[ListItem.Overlay]" and Kodi returns "OverlayUnwatched" so it need to be named like this

Quote:ListItem.Overlay Shows the Overlay Icon status (compressed file [OverlayRAR.png], watched [OverlayWatched.png], unwatched [OverlayUnwatched.png], locked [OverlayLocked.png]) of the currently selected item in a list or thumb control.
(2016-03-03, 09:18)BobCratchett Wrote: I suspect you want $VAR[PlayerArtworkVar] - variables.xml, line 3192. Also Image Available in Kodi is a good reference, though there are actually more images available if Artwork Downloader has been run.

Player.Art(tvshow.clearlogo) is not in the wiki, i look at it of course, so how should i figure that out..Tongue

Thanks
Quote:Kodi doesn't have a 'does the file exist' check available (to skins, at least). If you're using a pure Player.Art solution, you can use <value condition="!IsEmpty(Player.Art(artworkType)">$INFO[Player.Art(artworkType)]</value>. That wouldn't work for the example you posted, though, as the ArtistsLogosPath won't be empty. In that scenario, you need to start putting in workarounds...

There are a couple of ways to check if Kodi was able to load the image you specified and use a second image control to load a fallback image if it wasn't. The most foolproof is of course the most complex, but should cover most scenarios (except trying to do this in lists, if memory serves).

Give the existing image control an id, if it doesn't have one:-

Code:
<control type="image" id="xxxx">

Add a fallback element to the <texture> tag of the image control, with its value something like the following (making sure whatever you put in the fallback doesn't actually exist):-

Code:
<texture fallback="NoImage.png">$VAR[whateverVarYoureUsingToLoadIt]</texture>

Add a second image control, and give it a visibility condition:-

Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(xxxx),NoImage.png)</visible>

I know about the id/fallback way to get around it, i do it with id right now, just thought I could add a variable so i dont need to do <control type="image> 2 times (once for local art, once for skinhelper)

kodi should store the Music art in the db, like it do with movies.... I need to gonna request this again Tongue
Hi lockos, I think you have major problems with that film, not with Madnox, just look at your log:

Code:
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Attempting to retrieve meta data for movie: Lone Ranger, Naissance d'un Héros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Looking up in local cache by name for: movie lonerangernaissancedunhros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: SQL Select: SELECT * FROM movie_meta WHERE title = 'lonerangernaissancedunhros'
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: No match in local DB
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting TMDB : http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?language=fr&api_key=af95ef8a4fe1e697f86b8c194f2e5e11&query=Lone%20Ranger%20Naissance%20dun%20Hros
13:29:31 T:13136   ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting IMDB : http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=Lone%20Ranger%2C%20Naissance%20d%27un%20H%C3%A9ros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: IMDB Meta: {u'Response': u'False', u'Error': u'Movie not found!'}
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting IMDB : http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=Lone%20Ranger%2C%20Naissance%20d%27un%20H%C3%A9ros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: IMDB Meta: {u'Response': u'False', u'Error': u'Movie not found!'}
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Studios failed:

texture bug is not going to be a quick fix as it is believed to be a core Kodi problem and it will take a LOT of work to redo things in Madnox and then we are not guaranteed those changes will completely resolve the problem. It is going to be looked into, for the mean time you should have 'reload' option on you context menu, just use that when it happens
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-03, 13:59)Mika Kiviniitty Wrote: [quote='mattyspurs76' pid='2267151' dateline='1456997566']
Going to have another play with this skin in the next few days.
Just having alook in the forum as id like to use or import different fonts, ill see what i can find.

In the mean time ive been looking through this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211887&page=5
Do i need to install any of these for Madnox?

I do like the gold coloured resolution buttons, they look great. (Resolution Pack 2.0)

Hello! I recommend to begin to read the first page. there is important information regarding this MADNOX skin.... a lot of advice and tips on how to get the most out of this amazing skin.....there is tips and tricks ... TO MAKE YOUR MADNOX GO FULLY INSANE.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230821
[/quote

Already read it and ive used this skin in the pat and ive already got it installed but the info at the beginning doesnt help with my earlier question
@meowmoo,

I don't think this will ever happen buddy "kodi should store the Music art in the db, like it do with movies.... I need to gonna request this again". Until recently I don't believe there were any team kodi members interested in the music side, but DaveBlake has started to do something mainly with classical music, you might want to try asking him via forum as you're not allowed to PM team kodi members.

There was even talk of removing 'songs' recently as well so music could even be going backwards in Kodi? not forward like mostly everything else.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-03, 15:02)schimi2k Wrote: hehe cute ... will kill him anyway !

because of missing logos --- seems the last fixes from MEOW had some pinguin poo on it - i had still my old variables in my working player - and when i copy the new variables.xml to it, my logos dissapear too --- but with the variables from yesterday they work
maybe you can check again the fixes from this night Meowmoo Mr.Bildking saver Smile

I can confirm this, logos are not shown in any movie view I tried. I created the issue in GitHub.
  • 260(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39