• 259(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-03-03, 01:31)spacematten Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 21:41)spacematten Wrote: Hello and thanx for this cool update.
But I have some issues.
I can't find any possibility to change the background from any main menu position like movies, series, music and so on, to a picture from my harddrive. I make some main menu entrys by myself like youtube, trailer and such stuff. Until this update to rc1 I usualy take one of my own backgrounds but in this new customize section there is as well the ability to change the background to single picture but then there is only the possibility to choose between 2 of my installed repositorys but I can't reach my pc folder structure and my hdds from there, as I am used to.
OK there are a lot of background variations in the list but I wan't some of my own. Also I can't switch back to any of the standard backgrounds from madnox when I once choosed one of the long list.

Can somebody help?

And then the Poster fanart is missing in the Episode View from TV Series. There is only a Place Holder box in left side wich contains the words "no fanart", also there is no clear art in the upper left corner only the episodes name and each episode displays its name in an own font when I scroll through the episodes.
The Season view is correct I use right list view.

spacematten,

I know Bob already answered in regards to using your backgrounds. In terms of the Episode View for TV Series, I cannot reproduce this, I tried using Episode View at the TV Show, Season and Episode levels and in all cases the poster is shown and the logo is shown above the poster. I am running Jarvis final under Windows 10.

Is it like this for all TV shows? If you quit Kodi and start again, do the posters show?

Ok, yes.... it is a bit scary I didn't change anything and now after I restart my Kodi the poster shows up in the "right List view" in episode level. But the clearart is still not there but in "Episode view" in the episode all is fine now poster and clear art shows up. I think thats the way. Season Level in right list view and then Episode level in episode view.

One Issue I have ever since I used Kodi with any Aeon Build and Version. Sometimes, when I am heavenly clicking through kodi and customize here and there, it happend that pop up windows suddenly appear fully transparent and the surrounding box is gone. Usually I had to shut kodi down and run it again and all was fine again. In Madnox there is the "reload" function this fixes the transparent window Issue without shutting down kodi. But can anyone explain what there happened and what I can do that nothing turned transparent while using kodi?

The issue of disappearing textures is a known one, and the team is looking into it.
(2016-03-02, 20:52)Mike_Doc Wrote: @bart, yes please create GITHUB issues for us so nothing get lost since RC was released.Thanks.

Mike & team,

I have looked through all the posts, and I think I opened all of the issues that seem to be bugs and have not been answered yet. I did not include anything that appeared to be a feature request or a request to do something different than what the skin does today (that is working correctly). I might have missed some issues. If I did, please let me know so I can create them in Git. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I hate you ;D

time for more beer....
(2016-03-02, 17:59)Lockos Wrote: As always though, one bug of fitting image (I think it is independant of the image size) when the magazine opens up (see the wrong fit) :

what do you mean by "wrong fit" that its not full size? not centered?

i looked at it with 5 artist now and it looks pretty solid to me...its supposed to look like that, if it would be the same size as on the front it would look dull if the magazine open

if you wanna change it open MusicVisualisation.xml in line 2042 - 2045 you can change left/right height/width

resizing the widget is way to much work, since it provide the same info as the panel im not gonna do it sorry
(2016-03-02, 21:54)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 21:42)MrsAngelD Wrote: Hey Guys, I'm using the Extended List widget, I wanted to make a list of T.V. Channels, I can scroll the list, however there are no labels for the channels

Any Idea what might be causing this?

Looks like that widget might need specific support to display the label. Pinging @Mr. V.

Fixed.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@ Master bob

Is it possible to get the logo for the current playing movie/episode somehow? There is only VideoPlayer.Cover, the pause screen show ClearArt but I cant find the code for it :/

also can i add a "check" to a variable?

Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(songs)">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[Container.ListItem.Artist,,\logo.png]</value>
        <value>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.ClearLogo)]</value>

I need to check if the logo.png is present or not, if not it should use skinhelper

Thanks
(2016-03-03, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 19:13)schimi2k Wrote: i give up for now...
i try to rename the files to all uncapitalised - also the links inside the codes - i also rename the images and change the name ( to be sure, nothing old links where somewhere )- i save the images as new png format - i also uncapitalised the "OverlayVisibility" names... dont know why its working on window machines and not on linux...

i go and kill those pinguins now and then i need a break ( while i wait for the police ) ...

you wanna now how to save the Birds Tongue

for unwatched go to media/thumbs and rename OverlayUnWatched.png to OverlayUnwatched.png
for resume rename Overlayprogress.png to overlayprogress.png in the media root

hail me, i saved the Birds, time for another beer Tongue

Yes thats it, thanks a lot schimi2k and meowmoo. This worked for my BirdSystem.
But now we need new pinguins...Big Grin
(2016-03-03, 01:40)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 01:04)Mr. V Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 22:16)Lockos Wrote: The steps are just navigating from one movie to another and keep pressing i on each movie until one mess comes out (which is pretty often for me), nothing more.

And for other issues (cd, poster, titles missing) I thaught it was textures issues that are currently handle by the team, isn't it ?

I have partially added the new widgets to silvo. I am having issues for some reason in the widget info dialog, diapering artwork, plot ect. The issue sounds similar to what I am experiencing.

This leads me to think all the setproperty's I am using to call the info might not be such a good idea. So I will look at re-coding the widget info dialog to a home window control. Really we just need to get rid of all those setpropertys and all should then be working.

Fiooooo ! I was starting to think I was the only one with those issues and was close to turn cra-cra !

Thanks Mr Vee (You have the same name that a famous french YouTuber has)

Anyway, time for a good night of sleep (hope I will not dream about penguins who are all cute and shit)

I jumped into this one a little quick. Fixed the issue with silvo, but it doesn't seem related. Before I do any major code changes to the widget info could you please provide me with a debug log just so can be 100% sure on the issue.

EDIT: I have tried everything I can but cannot reproduce the issue.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-02, 15:23)Lockos Wrote: @meowmoo : If you will work tonight on Music Viz, a couple of things :

1) There is overlay between pannel and widget
2) How do you make the photo of an artist appear on magazine, that is the only widget that doesn't work on my end (and I think everything is well tagged and set up with Artist Slideshow)

i have tried all combinations... how can I get this to display when playing music? used to have this in the previous release but cannot get it to work in this one.
Regards,

PJ
(2016-03-03, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote: you wanna now how to save the Birds Tongue

for unwatched go to media/thumbs and rename OverlayUnWatched.png to OverlayUnwatched.png
for resume rename Overlayprogress.png to overlayprogress.png in the media root

hail me, i saved the Birds, time for another beer Tongue

HAIL TO THE BIRDKING !

ok and now... please explain me why "OverlayUnwatched.png" is working...
BUT "OverlayUnWatched.png ; overlayunwatched.png ; OVERLAYUNWATCHED.png ; Overlayunwatched.png" dont ?
even when i change the codes to the same name too Huh
i just want to understand why... why .... WHYYYYYYY Huh

thx
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-03-03, 03:46)meowmoo Wrote: @ Master bob

Is it possible to get the logo for the current playing movie/episode somehow? There is only VideoPlayer.Cover, the pause screen show ClearArt but I cant find the code for it :/

also can i add a "check" to a variable?

Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(songs)">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[Container.ListItem.Artist,,\logo.png]</value>
        <value>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.ClearLogo)]</value>

I need to check if the logo.png is present or not, if not it should use skinhelper

Thanks

I suspect you want $VAR[PlayerArtworkVar] - variables.xml, line 3192. Also Image Available in Kodi is a good reference, though there are actually more images available if Artwork Downloader has been run.

Kodi doesn't have a 'does the file exist' check available (to skins, at least). If you're using a pure Player.Art solution, you can use <value condition="!IsEmpty(Player.Art(artworkType)">$INFO[Player.Art(artworkType)]</value>. That wouldn't work for the example you posted, though, as the ArtistsLogosPath won't be empty. In that scenario, you need to start putting in workarounds...

There are a couple of ways to check if Kodi was able to load the image you specified and use a second image control to load a fallback image if it wasn't. The most foolproof is of course the most complex, but should cover most scenarios (except trying to do this in lists, if memory serves).

Give the existing image control an id, if it doesn't have one:-

Code:
<control type="image" id="xxxx">

Add a fallback element to the <texture> tag of the image control, with its value something like the following (making sure whatever you put in the fallback doesn't actually exist):-

Code:
<texture fallback="NoImage.png">$VAR[whateverVarYoureUsingToLoadIt]</texture>

Add a second image control, and give it a visibility condition:-

Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(xxxx),NoImage.png)</visible>
(2016-03-03, 02:52)meowmoo Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 17:59)Lockos Wrote: As always though, one bug of fitting image (I think it is independant of the image size) when the magazine opens up (see the wrong fit) :

what do you mean by "wrong fit" that its not full size? not centered?

i looked at it with 5 artist now and it looks pretty solid to me...its supposed to look like that, if it would be the same size as on the front it would look dull if the magazine open

if you wanna change it open MusicVisualisation.xml in line 2042 - 2045 you can change left/right height/width

resizing the widget is way to much work, since it provide the same info as the panel im not gonna do it sorry

Hi, I'm the author of the magazine widget and I can confirm that it's meant to look like that. The overlapping is due to the fact that it's not supposed to share the screen with the other rectangle... way too cluttered in my opinion.

Cheers!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Hello! I tried to watch through the posts find similar problems but I did not want to go through everything so here is a couple of pictures.
Something texture problems and obviously I do not know exactly what these is due, at least after the view changes made to LIBRARY's give this problems.

Does anyone know how to use this? I have not got this to work in any Kodi version with any version of MADNOX.
As shown in the picture there is no text on the left at all, and every time I try to leave the colorpicker it crash KODI. Thanks!!

MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
Going to have another play with this skin in the next few days.
Just having alook in the forum as id like to use or import different fonts, ill see what i can find.

In the mean time ive been looking through this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211887&page=5
Do i need to install any of these for Madnox?

I do like the gold coloured resolution buttons, they look great. (Resolution Pack 2.0)
(2016-03-03, 01:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 16:14)pustekuchen Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 15:14)Mike_Doc Wrote: @dvbtjunkie, are you on Openelec by any chance?

@pustekuchen, I would suggest looing into your keymap.xml or keyboard.xml and mapping something specific for your remote to activate the I key? can you supply a screenshot please for you landscape issue.

@Lockos, most of your issues I can't look at in full until the weekend. I will look into them then and see what can be done. What tvshow is number 2 supposed to be?

about the remote issue:
there is know chance to specific the remote. The only way is to buy some hardware like an USB ir receiver.

Everybody with an android device (like NVIDIA shield e.g.) will have the same issue.

You guys will make many people happy if there is a solution without buying new hardware for one remote button Blush

The landscape "issue" (it's not really an issue, it's more a lost service)

as you can see there is no title in this picture because this is a fanart and no landscape

here you can see that the landscape place is empty. In this case the old version had put the logo on the fanart and build a landscape by its own

P.S.:
sorry for my english

Pustekuchen,

I know Mike already let you know that the team will look into building a fake landscape when no landscape image is available for a movie, so you can have what you had before in the widgets. In the meantime, if you select "Panel" as the option for the "Panel Label" when configuring your movie widget, you will get the title of the movies shown in the widgets. My config looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqn0k8e5dw79yu...9.png?dl=0

And the result looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk69af74o2jwhe...2.png?dl=0

Please let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hey Bart,

tried your workaround and it's ok for the moment. Thanks!

I think the more important thing for me is the remote problem, because without any chance to use the whole widget content it's just half the fun.

But it is ok when it is to complicated or to much work to find a solution. Then I will buy this USB ir receiver, please just let me know!
Because for me there is no better skin out there and to change the skin is not an option in my opinion.

Best regards
  • 259(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39