Repository update
I have a repo question:

If i add another plugin to my update repository.
do all the password of my repo have to manually update to latest repo ?
or does the new updated checksum get updated to all automatically ?
this is controlled through addons.xml.md5. if that changes, the repo listing is updated at the client end (at intervals), and then users will see your new plugin just fine.

edit: addons.xml.md5 is a placeholder, i should be more precise. it's controlled by the file you specify in the <checksum> tag in your repository definition.
i understand addons.xml.md5

so i assume i can add another plugin to my repository by adding it inside addons.xml
and then run the addons_xml_generator.xml

Then the new plugin will be available through my existing repository.

so all in all i can confirm that this will not impact my repository version by adding a new plugin to my repo.

Thank you
Thanks all figured out
the repo version should only be bumped if you update the *repository* definition.
Yep, thanks for the reply ironic i figured it out after looking at other repositories, since its all open source, it was easy to learn from what they did Smile

incase others had same question the right way is to simple copy the addon.xml files from the various plugins and added it inside addons.xml in this structure

<addons>
<addon>
xml info for first plugin
<addon>
xml info for second plugin
</addon>
</addon>

just my 2 cent. Smile
yes, that's basically what the repo generator does. but it also (should, never checked if it actually does) check for icons, fanart and changelog and inject <no[icon|fanart|changelog]> tags into the metadata tag. these are used to avoid hitting server looking for nonexistent files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repository update0