Cache Size
I am a new user of kodi and really enjoy its features. However, I don't understand a number of things.
I have found that live tv broadcasts often buffer. After searching, I thought that increasing the cache size would help. I tried editing the "advancedsettings.xml" file and setting the cache size to various values. At this time the setting is 500MB. When watching a live tv broadcast, I paused the transmission and typed "o" and observed that the cache size was 0B. I had exactly the same result when I set the cache to be on the HDD. Is this normal? Is there another way to avoid the buffering?
Additionally, I tried the same procedure when watching a tv show. Here I haven't experienced buffering problems. I paused the download and pressed "o" again and found the buffer was filling up but stopped at 10MB for both 10MB and HDD cache.
I am running Ubuntu 14.04.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Big Grin
PVR has a different cache setting. Advanced settings (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the link, but there appears to be no information on that page!
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml <- this is the link.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks. There is a lot of good information there!
Sorry for the incorrect link and thanks fritsch.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
.............................. Wrong thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache Size0