Xcode 6.4 and iOS 8.4
What can I do to help with getting Kodi to support building on Xcode 6.4 and iOS 8.4?
No change required. I have successfully compiled latest master with Xcode 6.4 and iOS SDK 8.4. I've committed a change which mentiones this xcode/sdk constellation in the README.ios
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What normally has to be done when there are changes required due to a new iOS or Xcode release?
Rumor has it that Memphiz goes up to a mountain and offers up a virgin user, to please the xcode gods.
What needs to be done is normally not predictable. Something like this for example. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6925/commits

And of course what NedScott said Wink

Beside that - given the vague questions you are asking me (and stealing my time by making me think that xcode6.4 compilation is broken) - someone is already working on xcode7 support - would be a waste to double his work (its not me btw...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
More specifically - how do you go about knowing what needs to be fixed? Do you look at the terminal log errors, something in the new Xcode or iOS structure? I want to contribute as much as I can for the iOS platform and enjoy overcoming challenges.
yes i watch the errors during compilation - on bigger xcode and sdk version jumps i need to adapt tools/depends/configure.ac to allow the version numbers. If something does not compile it can be fixed in farious places - depends on what the error is. Hard to explain it with the time i have right now. It might be easy or get quiet complex. For xcode7 its a bit more on the complex side as it seems. But as its not released yet i don't care. And as said some other volunteer is working on that already (but doesn't want to publish his current workstate yet).
tbh adapting the buildsystem for xcode compatibility might not be the best way to jump into the kodi for ios project. Its doable of course but might get frustrating too Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xcode 6.4 and iOS 8.40