• 11(current)
IARL - Deprecated
I dont have to read it, its pretty simple, this addon provides access to content protectecd by copyright laws so you are incuring in an illegallaty in most countrys.
(2015-11-06, 10:48)rascas Wrote: I dont have to read it, its pretty simple, this addon provides access to content protectecd by copyright laws so you are incuring in an illegallaty in most countrys.

Yes you do. As said this has already been discussed.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173355
Are you kinding me ? I am talkilng about laws, not what you think thats right...
Well, I didint want to be so harsh abotu that, but the thing is, there is a lot to download from the archive and there is a lot of protetced contect.there So, you should take a better look about that because it isnt much diferent of some addons that you have blacklisted.
If you want to be just, think about that.
Great news on the new scraper Smile Looking forward to test it once i get my box up and running again sigh ...
I just wanted to chime in and say THANKS!
Update 11-06-15:
- Added Neo Geo Pocket Color. 74 Games Filtered / 119 Games Unfiltered

Haven't pushed it to the repo yet, but looks like it works with Retroplayer Smile
I will explain whats ilegal about this addon again.
Despite it provides access to freeware,abandonware, and other stuff that is legal it also provides free access to content that you still must own the original game to be legal for you to play. Do you think you can just use this and and play Street Fighter Alpha 2 for free? No you cannot, unless you own the original titles. It is illegall!
In the recent time, you, Kodi Foundation, Team Kodi, etc, have done a good job blocking and not permiting the discussion of illegal addons for Kodi, but you completely missed this one, not sure if for ignorance, unnoticed or just because you don't care.
Companies like Capcom, Sega etc paid to developers for making the games and they still own the copyrights of that.

Hoping you reconsider your policies.
(2015-11-07, 00:31)rascas Wrote: I will explain whats ilegal about this addon again.
Despite it provides access to freeware,abandonware, and other stuff that is legal it also provides free access to content that you still must own the original game to be legal for you to play. Do you think you can just use this and and play Street Fighter Alpha 2 for free? No you cannot, unless you own the original titles. It is illegall!
In the recent time, you, Kodi Foundation, Team Kodi, etc, have done a good job blocking and not permiting the discussion of illegal addons for Kodi, but you completely missed this one, not sure if for ignorance, unnoticed or just because you don't care.
Companies like Capcom, Sega etc paid to developers for making the games and they still own the copyrights of that.

Hoping you reconsider your policies.

Rascas,

I can appreciate your comments. As far as I know, the internet archive has a DMCA exemption to archive such software (and pretty much everything else on archive.org). The TL;DR of the linked information is that the exemption is for:
- Compilations consisting of lists of Internet locations blocked by commercially marketed filtering software applications that are intended to prevent access to domains...
- Computer programs protected by dongles that prevent access due to malfunction or damage and which are obsolete.
- Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access.
- Literary works distributed in ebook format when all existing ebook editions of the work contain access controls...

I think the third bullet applies, although I'm not a lawyer (I'm just a fictional character from Saved by the Bell). Bottom line: If I'm told to remove this thread from the Kodi foundation folks I will.
Indeed, as zachmorris says, to the best of our knowledge the internet archive is an unusual exception to the standard DMCA-related copyright rules found in the United States, which you would know, Rascas, if you had read that that other thread. Given the archive's special, legal position in terms of gaming, we've decided to take the stance that so long as the archive makes content freely available in a way that appears to be perfectly legal, then there doesn't seem to be any reason to prevent accessing that content using Kodi. And if, at some point, the Archive loses the right to make freely available this content, then they, themselves, should likely remove the ability to access the content, as they work very hard to stay on the right side of the law.
thanks for your answer Zachmorris, I'll try this as soon as I can!
keep up the good work and thanks a lot!
cheers
Update to version 1.3.0:
- Added favorites function. This essentially generates an xml file and adds your selected games to the file. Currently no function exists to remove the favorite (you would have to manually edit the xml file for now. Support for multiple favorites files is included.
- Rescraped N64 games. Total games now 482 Filtered / 937 Unfiltered.
Great plugin! Does this use a local emulator or is it more of a "portal" in to the js based emulator on the internet archive itself? Sorry if it's a noob question Smile

Thanks!
It uses the emus employed by retroplayer locally. I.e. a subset of the Retroarch cores.
I'd really like to make this work, but I'm coming in not knowing much about the project. For my gaming needs currently, I use GameEx on Windows 7, and a large collection of ROMs stored on the computer. The idea of this program, grabbing ROMs as needed from an official legal source of the Internet Archive, sounds great! I'd like to make this work with my Kodi installation on my Raspberry Pi. I installed the repo, and then the addon. I then rebooted and checked the configurations. They all look OK, but I changed the Display size from 50 to ALL. I then went into the addon, selected Sega Genesis and then Sonic the Hedgehog. I then was presented with a nice interface with artwork. Along the bottom I selected Launch. Then I got kicked back to the ROM list, and Kodi had a popup saying "buffering", then nothing happened. I tried it a few times but have no success. I enabled the full verbose logging and uploaded it to the log site:

http://xbmclogs.com/pjwwmt9cv

Maybe I'm missing a step. With GameEx, it doesn't just "work". You have to install emulators and configure them. I expected to have to do this too, but the wiki documentation makes it sound like it will work with Kodi AS IS, since it works with some built in core aspects of Kodi. If this is true, what else am I missing here? According to the log (Line 532), it looks like it is trying to find the emulator plugin and is failing.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10