• 26(current)
IARL - Deprecated
Hi all. I came across this project just browsing addons in Kodi. Played around with it for a few days and I am very impressed. Got this to work on my Nvidia Shield with most emulators working. For those who are having trouble with it, be sure to go into Retroach directly and inside the online updater update all the cores you plan to use along with assets, info files and db's. Once you run the add-on wizard successfully, it should work.

Anyways, great job on this fantastic project. I will lurk and help with anything I can if needed. I have access to shield, amazon fire, apple tv, Ouya and probably serveral others. Let me know if I can be of use.
(2016-04-29, 20:20)courgi Wrote: Hi all. I came across this project just browsing addons in Kodi. Played around with it for a few days and I am very impressed. Got this to work on my Nvidia Shield with most emulators working. For those who are having trouble with it, be sure to go into Retroach directly and inside the online updater update all the cores you plan to use along with assets, info files and db's. Once you run the add-on wizard successfully, it should work.

Anyways, great job on this fantastic project. I will lurk and help with anything I can if needed. I have access to shield, amazon fire, apple tv, Ouya and probably serveral others. Let me know if I can be of use.

Thanks for reporting it does work on an Nvidia Shield!
(2016-04-28, 10:03)garbear Wrote: Update on the RetroPlayer front - The player has been rewritten from scratch, and no longer controls which libretro core to use. It will respect the "gameclient" fileitem property. ATM the user is only prompted to choose a libretro core inside the MyGames window if "gameclient" is not already set.

Awesome. I'll give the new builds a try and update my addon to allow for default cores in the user settings. Thanks!
Thankyou guys it seemed to work when i did online updater
(2016-04-29, 20:20)courgi Wrote: Hi all. I came across this project just browsing addons in Kodi. Played around with it for a few days and I am very impressed. Got this to work on my Nvidia Shield with most emulators working. For those who are having trouble with it, be sure to go into Retroach directly and inside the online updater update all the cores you plan to use along with assets, info files and db's. Once you run the add-on wizard successfully, it should work.

Needed to uninstall RetroArch in the Shield and start from scratch.....success! Awesome! Thanks to all, especially Mr. Morris for this amazing Addon.
Haven't had a chance to follow up recently. Been on vacation and doing lots of other stuff in the mean time. Have you had a chance yet to update and release a fixed version for the RPi users?
Guys, is there any chance the IARL have magnavox odissey emulator future ? because retroarch supports this emulator.(o2em)
I have a Sony Android Tv running Kodi 15.2, when I go into Internet Archive Rom Launcher I can see all the different consoles folders, when I go into any of those folders I can see all the roms for that particular console, I select which rom I want and click launch, a black box appears on my screen saying 'Downloading Please Wait' after a short while the black box disappears and I'm back at the rom selection screen, how do I get the roms to launch?
Thank you.
Hi,
Excellent work with this, I've been looking for exactly this for my home setup.

One question though, when I try to do the wizard it literally doesn't do anything and I can't figure out why.

I followed the instructions to the letter on two separate machines and neither did anything.

Also, when I click set addon to provide programs it again does nothing. EDIT: Both of these problems were fixed by uninstalling the zip file linked and installing the version in the repo.

Finally, when I quit a game kodi is minimised, any way to restore it automatically?

Any help would be appreciated!
I hade same issues until i updated the files in online updater section in retoarch must update all the sections. worked great afterwards. I missed that since i didn't read far back enough.
(2016-05-01, 21:01)hansolo77 Wrote: Haven't had a chance to follow up recently. Been on vacation and doing lots of other stuff in the mean time. Have you had a chance yet to update and release a fixed version for the RPi users?

Almost done with a new version. Should be ready soon!
(2016-05-05, 17:45)iceburn3000 Wrote: Hi,
Excellent work with this, I've been looking for exactly this for my home setup.

One question though, when I try to do the wizard it literally doesn't do anything and I can't figure out why.

I followed the instructions to the letter on two separate machines and neither did anything.

Also, when I click set addon to provide programs it again does nothing. EDIT: Both of these problems were fixed by uninstalling the zip file linked and installing the version in the repo.

Finally, when I quit a game kodi is minimised, any way to restore it automatically?

Any help would be appreciated!

I've updated the wiki a bit. Hopefully it's a little more clear now on what is needed. Any suggestions on how to simplify setup let me know!

Are you using Windows? It must be a windows setting that keeps Kodi minimized. It does not do that in my setup (Windows 7). I also run Kodi in 'Fullscreen Window' mode.
(2016-05-04, 15:08)storum Wrote: Guys, is there any chance the IARL have magnavox odissey emulator future ? because retroarch supports this emulator.(o2em)

I'll add it!
(2016-05-05, 12:16)Blacky1973 Wrote: I have a Sony Android Tv running Kodi 15.2, when I go into Internet Archive Rom Launcher I can see all the different consoles folders, when I go into any of those folders I can see all the roms for that particular console, I select which rom I want and click launch, a black box appears on my screen saying 'Downloading Please Wait' after a short while the black box disappears and I'm back at the rom selection screen, how do I get the roms to launch?
Thank you.

You're probably the first person trying this on that machine type. It should work though. Just ensure you've installed retroarch, and used the retroarch online updater to download all cores, asset files, etc.

Then in the addon, you'll need to point to the retroarch config file in the addon settings. I'm not sure where that is for an Android TV. The wiki describes where the config file usually is located.
(2016-05-06, 16:01)zachmorris Wrote: I've updated the wiki a bit. Hopefully it's a little more clear now on what is needed. Any suggestions on how to simplify setup let me know!

Are you using Windows? It must be a windows setting that keeps Kodi minimized. It does not do that in my setup (Windows 7). I also run Kodi in 'Fullscreen Window' mode.

Windows 10. Fullscreen Window seems to have done the trick! Thanks.

The wiki was pretty clear, after a fresh installation it ran just fine, must have just been one of those things. Thanks for the help.

I'd like to see Magnavox Odyssey too!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10