• 42(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2016-10-24, 19:49)schappell2985 Wrote: My questions are, Does Reicast work as an external launcher? If so, What is the external command I'd use in the .xml file to make it load. If everything is correct, what steps can I take to remedy the problem?

Reicast should work. However, the issue currently is 7zip support isn't available for android, and the dreamcast files are archived as 7zip.
Since I don't have an android box, I'm looking for someone to help build / test a working 7za binary for android. That, or someone can donate an NVidia Shield to me Tongue
(2016-10-10, 23:56)chewz Wrote: I can't work out how to run dosbox with IARL. I've got the core with retroarch, downloaded a game but it never starts, much like it wouldn't if it was missing a bios. I don't think any bios is needed with dos? Anyone have an idea?

If you get just a blinking cursor with DOSBox, open up the Retroarch menu (press F1 on your keyboard, or whatever key you have mapped to "Menu Toggle"), then in the quick menu change the DOSBox core option "Machine Type". I changed it to svga_et3000 and that fixed the non-starting games issue for me on linux. If that doesn't work try different machine types then restart the game.
(2016-10-24, 20:09)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 19:49)schappell2985 Wrote: My questions are, Does Reicast work as an external launcher? If so, What is the external command I'd use in the .xml file to make it load. If everything is correct, what steps can I take to remedy the problem?

Reicast should work. However, the issue currently is 7zip support isn't available for android, and the dreamcast files are archived as 7zip.
Since I don't have an android box, I'm looking for someone to help build / test a working 7za binary for android. That, or someone can donate an NVidia Shield to me Tongue
Could i create another archive with dreamcast files with their native extensions or .zip and use it for testing? Or I could help you test a 7za binary for android. Cant help you build. Def not as cool as you... Cool
Version 1.5.8 is available in the repo:
- Added game history / last played, which can be changed in addon settings
- Rescraped ZX Spectrum: 1860 Games (21700 Games Unfiltered, granted most of these games are duplicates from the TOSEC archive, but ZX Spectrum had a ton of games!)
(2016-10-20, 03:17)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-10-20, 02:21)DaRKeN Wrote: Hi guys! Can you help me? Or explain ... why the files inside the folder "dat_files" are deleted? I return to upload to the network, and then disappear again after a while.
All I do is test games and configure settings, but the folder is automatically emptied.

The xml files in the folder 'dat_files' are moved to your userdata folder:
Code:
..path_to_userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/dat_files

You can manually edit the files there if you want.
This is so when you change the settings they're saved. If the addon is updated, then your settings aren't overwritten. I'll update the wiki to include this info.

Hi Zack. Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you very much for your help, greetings ^ _ ^
Hi after that i installed retroarch,what i have to do for creare a cfg? And in kodi i cannot go to data folder
(2016-10-27, 15:14)Anto999 Wrote: Hi after that i installed retroarch,what i have to do for creare a cfg? And in kodi i cannot go to data folder

I assume you're using Android? Take a look here. I've been updating the wiki to be more clear on setup. Hopefully that makes sense.
Unable to use login for archives when trying psx is that a bug
(2016-10-28, 20:26)houdin24 Wrote: Unable to use login for archives when trying psx is that a bug

No, thats working for me. Post a link to your debug log if you think you've found a bug.
If you have "Game listing convention > alphabetical" enabled, the "Best of XYZ" lists should automaticlly list all 50 "Best of"-games instead of the A-Z list. Atm you have to go to "#" to see the games.

Adding "Best of XYZ" to favourites does work, but on open nothing happens

Another FR:
How about adding a DB to IARL, where it first reads all the games and Covers that can be shown later without scraping all the info again and again on opening
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi,

I'm running IARL on LibreELEC, I've mostly gotten it working great but I'm having an issue with PSX/Dreamcast games and pretty much anything compressed as a .7z files.

I have added my archive.org login credentials so it downloads the files no problem but I keep getting this message "There was an error converting the 7z files..."

Here's the log section:

Quote:22:23:55 T:2446480288 NOTICE: IARL: Download and Launch started for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:55 T:2446480288 NOTICE: IARL: Download started for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:58 T:3032478624 ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
22:23:58 T:2446480288 ERROR: IARL: There was an error converting the 7z files for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:58 T:2446480288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1583, in onClick
download_and_launch_rom(self,iarl_data)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1370, in download_and_launch_rom
current_external_command = replace_external_launch_variables(iarl_data) #Function replaces command line variables
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/util.py", line 818, in replace_external_launch_variables
command_out = command_out.replace('%ROM_PATH%',iarl_data['current_save_data']['launch_filename']) #Replace ROM filepath
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, I'm having more trouble with the Amiga set. It seems that one of the updates negated my previous fix and now it's defaulting to A4000 again. I've tried replacing <emu_command>A4000</emu_command> with A1000 but it hasn't done anything, the emulator still defaults to A4000. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh my God I'm such an idiot. Changing the exact same file I mentioned in my earlier post to A1000 sorted it out again. This was the first thing I tried but it didn't take, I must have not saved it or something. Anyway, sorted now.

BTW, loving the last played option!
(2016-11-03, 04:01)iceburn3000 Wrote: Hi, I'm having more trouble with the Amiga set. It seems that one of the updates negated my previous fix and now it's defaulting to A4000 again. I've tried replacing <emu_command>A4000</emu_command> with A1000 but it hasn't done anything, the emulator still defaults to A4000. Any ideas?

If you right click on the archive and select 'refresh archive list' or whatever it says, it will clear the cached setting and load it from xml. I'm guessing thats the issue.
(2016-11-02, 00:36)ScottMU Wrote: Hi,

I'm running IARL on LibreELEC, I've mostly gotten it working great but I'm having an issue with PSX/Dreamcast games and pretty much anything compressed as a .7z files.

I have added my archive.org login credentials so it downloads the files no problem but I keep getting this message "There was an error converting the 7z files..."

Here's the log section:

Quote:22:23:55 T:2446480288 NOTICE: IARL: Download and Launch started for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:55 T:2446480288 NOTICE: IARL: Download started for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:58 T:3032478624 ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
22:23:58 T:2446480288 ERROR: IARL: There was an error converting the 7z files for Crash Bandicoot (USA)
22:23:58 T:2446480288 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1583, in onClick
download_and_launch_rom(self,iarl_data)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/addon.py", line 1370, in download_and_launch_rom
current_external_command = replace_external_launch_variables(iarl_data) #Function replaces command line variables
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/lib/util.py", line 818, in replace_external_launch_variables
command_out = command_out.replace('%ROM_PATH%',iarl_data['current_save_data']['launch_filename']) #Replace ROM filepath
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help would be appreciated.

I'll give the new libreelec builds a try and see if I can figure out what the issue is. 7zip is a pain in the @ss Undecided
(2016-10-31, 09:05)Solo0815 Wrote: If you have "Game listing convention > alphabetical" enabled, the "Best of XYZ" lists should automaticlly list all 50 "Best of"-games instead of the A-Z list. Atm you have to go to "#" to see the games.

Adding "Best of XYZ" to favourites does work, but on open nothing happens

Another FR:
How about adding a DB to IARL, where it first reads all the games and Covers that can be shown later without scraping all the info again and again on opening

I'm not sure if I can fix the first issue, unless I add some sort of hack. That might cause more problems than it's worth. The A-Z list simply alphabetizes by the listing title, and the user can even change that so that the game title isn't the first thing listed (using the settings).

I'll look into the favorites thing. Not sure if I've ever actually tried favoriting a best of list.

The last item: There is a caching setting (in settings) that will save listitems in a userdata folder. List item images are cached by Kodi in the standard thumbnail folder. I'm not sure about the 'Game window' images, but I believe those are also cached by Kodi.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10