• 7(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2015-09-24, 10:46)zag Wrote: If anyone can write down the info on creating repository's I can transfer to the wiki and make it look pretty Wink

Happy to help!

I might try to do this (send you a PM at some point), but I might also not be the best person, since I kind of fumbled through it myself Tongue
[delete this post]
OK, maybe I don't have this repository thing down after all. Github and repository updated to version 1.2.0. I could get the addon to update from the repository from my development computer (OSX), but then tried on a windows machine and it says 'incompatible'? Anyone have an idea of what exactly I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Think I figured it out. I added plugin.video.youtube as a depends (since it's used for game trailers). My windows PC has an older version of Kodi on it. Seems to work otherwise. If anyone has issues with the new version please let me know.

Update 09-25-15
- Code cleanup / bug fixes for version 1.2.0 repository push
- Added advanced settings to change what the plugin provides, and to clear plugin cache if necessary
- Added some external launching commands for Linux (Kodibuntu) and RetroPie (testing only currently, a separate shell script looks like it will be needed for IARL to work with Retropie).

Looking for some testers for the addons external launching capability. Specifically for Linux, Android, and RPi. Mainly looking for:
1. Does the external launcher work for you?
2. If not, do you have an example of a command line used to launch with Retroarch for your system that did work?

I started a compatibility list on the wiki here. In process of filling it in.

Thanks!
Hi been following for some time so thank you for your idea and hard work Smile

Tried a little on Openelec newest beta with retroarch-1.2.2 from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroarc...rch-1.2.2/
I used this as external launcher path /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.retroarch/retroarch.sh

I found your external_command_database.xml and tried to rename all nix to my core path and remove the "-L" so it looked like:
%APP_PATH% /storage/retroarch/retroarch-1.2.2/libretro/cores/snes9x_next_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"

Maybe you could make a %CORE_PATH% so this could be easier?

Now Retroarch starts but not rom, I know that it dosnt like spaces on Openelec and every rom i tried got spaces in its name.. Could you make it a part of the Clean Rom option so that it removes spaces or replace them?
(2015-09-28, 00:26)petanque Wrote: Hi been following for some time so thank you for your idea and hard work Smile

Tried a little on Openelec newest beta with retroarch-1.2.2 from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/retroarc...rch-1.2.2/
I used this as external launcher path /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.retroarch/retroarch.sh

I found your external_command_database.xml and tried to rename all nix to my core path and remove the "-L" so it looked like:
%APP_PATH% /storage/retroarch/retroarch-1.2.2/libretro/cores/snes9x_next_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"

Maybe you could make a %CORE_PATH% so this could be easier?

Now Retroarch starts but not rom, I know that it dosnt like spaces on Openelec and every rom i tried got spaces in its name.. Could you make it a part of the Clean Rom option so that it removes spaces or replace them?

Hi Petanque,
I've been looking into OE external launching as well. Got it working using a shell script and the 1.2.2 addon you're pointing to. The external commands and shell script should be included in the next release of my addon so it should work with the update.

Thanks!
Quick fix needed for Windows MAME/Arcade External Launcher command. As it currently stands the path used is:

Code:
"C:\RetroArch_1.2.2\retroarch.exe" -L "C:\RetroArch_1.2.2\cores\mame2014_libretro.dll" "C:\Users\troyo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\temp_iarl/3countb.zip"

I think the "/" in the path of the zip file is screwing things up -- it needs to be a "\" for a Windows path (stupid Windows and its dumb naming conventions...)
(2015-09-28, 19:41)botez Wrote: Quick fix needed for Windows MAME/Arcade External Launcher command. As it currently stands the path used is:

Code:
"C:\RetroArch_1.2.2\retroarch.exe" -L "C:\RetroArch_1.2.2\cores\mame2014_libretro.dll" "C:\Users\troyo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\temp_iarl/3countb.zip"

I think the "/" in the path of the zip file is screwing things up -- it needs to be a "\" for a Windows path (stupid Windows and its dumb naming conventions...)

Thanks for pointing out a bug. I think it's fixed. I pushed an update to the zipfile on github (not in the repository yet). Let me know if it still doesn't work.
(2015-09-28, 23:29)zachmorris Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 19:41)botez Wrote: Quick fix needed for Windows MAME/Arcade External Launcher command. As it currently stands the path used is:

Code:

Thanks for pointing out a bug. I think it's fixed. I pushed an update to the zipfile on github (not in the repository yet). Let me know if it still doesn't work.

EDIT -- It is working now with the fix, I just wasn't reinstalling the addon from the zip file correctly.
As others have said, can this be added to the Game Add-ons section (by default)?

When I click Games >> Add-ons I would expect it to show in there...

I have to go to settings >> ... >> Zach Morris repository >> Video Add-ons >> install

Bit of a long way round! Smile

Also a few feature requests:

- Any chance of an A-Z games list? It took me a while to find Streetfighter 2
- Download all to local feature?

Lastly how do I know where it saves the roms to?
Update today to version 1.2.1:

- Added an addon setting for additional label options
- Added External Launching Capability for OpenElec
- Bug fixes reported in Kodi forums
- Code cleanup for efficiency
- Added preliminary CHD support. This will allow additional archives to be added. Typically the CHD archives are of the large ISO rom type. Tested and works on OSX, still need to test on other OS's. In order to use CHD archives, a helper application provided by MAME / MESS called CHDMAN is required. CHDMAN is packaged with MAME / MESS. The utility converts the CHD file to a usable format supported by Retroplayer / Retroarch (typically bin/cue).
There's an addon setting to point to your installation of CHDMAN. I would have packaged CHDMAN with my addon, but the MAME licensing was confusing and i wasn't sure if this is allowed or not...

In addition to the CHD support:
- Added Sega CD and Neo Geo CD archives

Currently working on PS1 and Sega Saturn archives (but they are BIG, so it will take some time). Big Grin
(2015-10-02, 11:20)zag Wrote: As others have said, can this be added to the Game Add-ons section (by default)?

When I click Games >> Add-ons I would expect it to show in there...

I believe Garbear plans on updating Retroplayer so IARL will show up in Games and Video Addons.

(2015-10-02, 11:20)zag Wrote: As others have said, can this be added to the Game Add-ons section (by default)?

Also a few feature requests:

- Any chance of an A-Z games list? It took me a while to find Streetfighter 2
- Download all to local feature?

The A-Z paginate is on my list of things to do. The search function might be faster at this point if you've got a particular game your interested in. In addition, I think something like SuperFavorites would be able to bookmark games.

Download all? Maybe... The point is to play games from the 'cloud', but I suppose it's possible. These archives are typically extremely large though (many many GB)! Downloading the whole archive might be better handled by a good ol' web browser at this point.
Hmm, I'm still not able to launch any games. I've tried NES and MS-DOS sofar and I'm getting the same results: when I click launch, the game is downloaded, and when it tries to run a pop-up appears: A storage file is corrupted. It is recommended you clear the cache. When I choose either clear or cancel, nothing happens.

Using garbear's latest Windows build dated 10-01-15
(2015-10-02, 22:36)Scourge Wrote: Hmm, I'm still not able to launch any games. I've tried NES and MS-DOS sofar and I'm getting the same results: when I click launch, the game is downloaded, and when it tries to run a pop-up appears: A storage file is corrupted. It is recommended you clear the cache. When I choose either clear or cancel, nothing happens.

Someone else using Windows reported the same thing. Can you provide a full debug log and post it to http://xbmclogs.com?
Preferably one log Cache Lists disabled and one with it enabled.

Thanks!
(2015-10-02, 11:20)zag Wrote: Lastly how do I know where it saves the roms to?

Also, the temp folder for downloads is in the userdata/plugin.program.iarl folder. I started a FAQ and added this.
(2015-10-02, 23:04)zachmorris Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 22:36)Scourge Wrote: Hmm, I'm still not able to launch any games. I've tried NES and MS-DOS sofar and I'm getting the same results: when I click launch, the game is downloaded, and when it tries to run a pop-up appears: A storage file is corrupted. It is recommended you clear the cache. When I choose either clear or cancel, nothing happens.

Someone else using Windows reported the same thing. Can you provide a full debug log and post it to http://xbmclogs.com?
Preferably one log Cache Lists disabled and one with it enabled.

Thanks!

I'll try, but I think something else is wrong. I already posted in the builds thread that Retroplayer does not seem to see the .nes files anymore. When I just started Kodi, IARL was gone. I tried reinstalling it by .zip, but although the dialogue seems fine, IARL does not show up in the Games menu.

I might just go for a complete reinstall.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10