BBC (Tele)Text service
Is is possible to get bbc text (the digital version of the old teletext/ceefax)? - and I don't me teletext subtitles.

Thanks

Press M to open the OSD controls, then press the TXT button.
(2015-07-06, 10:42)negge Wrote: Press M to open the OSD controls, then press the TXT button.

I just get subtitles Huh
Then you must be pressing the wronh button. In Confluence the button literally says TXT.
Pretty sure I'm not, pressed M on keyboard (also select on remote) when playing live TV, which brings up the OSD. By pressing the in the OSD labled TXT I get subtitles, when i press the digits on my remote, numbers appear at the top of the screen appear much like on my freeview box and the old teletext service where you can search for pages but nothing happens...

Wondering whether I havn't set something up correctly in my backend....
That's strange, which skin do you use? If you only get the numbers on top, try pressing the TXT button again.
(2015-07-07, 21:02)AshG Wrote: Pretty sure I'm not, pressed M on keyboard (also select on remote) when playing live TV, which brings up the OSD. By pressing the in the OSD labled TXT I get subtitles, when i press the digits on my remote, numbers appear at the top of the screen appear much like on my freeview box and the old teletext service where you can search for pages but nothing happens...

I'm getting the exact same thing. Which is why I started this thread, thinking I'd done something wrong.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere on the server end that needs changing?
(2015-07-07, 21:10)negge Wrote: That's strange, which skin do you use? If you only get the numbers on top, try pressing the TXT button again.

I'm using a mod'd version of Aeon Nox, however my initial thoughts was that it may have been a skin issue so I dropped back to Confluence just to check.... I've tried numerous things of pressing select, txt, etc, to see if I could get it to work..

(2015-07-07, 23:16)sconly Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 21:02)AshG Wrote: Pretty sure I'm not, pressed M on keyboard (also select on remote) when playing live TV, which brings up the OSD. By pressing the in the OSD labled TXT I get subtitles, when i press the digits on my remote, numbers appear at the top of the screen appear much like on my freeview box and the old teletext service where you can search for pages but nothing happens...

I'm getting the exact same thing. Which is why I started this thread, thinking I'd done something wrong.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere on the server end that needs changing?

Glad I'm not the only one!
It could be that Kodi for some reason can't parse BBC teletext data.
Is this something that can be looked into, or are there not enough requests for developers to spend time on it?
You won't be able to view the BBC Red button stuff like that because it isn't Teletext.

It's a system called MHEG which as far as I'm aware Kodi does not support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBC (Tele)Text service0