Hyperion server / client
Hello guys!

I am coming here with quite a strange question. I recently built myself an Ambilight clone with RPI 1B / hyperion and video frame grabber which is connected to video output of my cable / satellite receiver.
Now I also set up another RPI2 to use it as a media center. I would like to keep the ambilight setup as it is so there is one question I have.
Would it be by any chance to send hyperion LED commands from the new RPI2 to the existing system? If it is possible to control it by android app it could eventually be possible?
I would say it should be something like when starting a movie or coming from screensaver on RPI2 it should send a command to RPI1 to start acting as a client and after stopping a movie or going to screensaver the old RPI1 should go back to being server.

Hope I didn't make too much of a mess from a thing,

thx for your opinions,

Z
Hello, I'm also in the process of bulding and hyperion system, just gotta wait for a new video grabber because I got one wuth the wrong chipset.
Aniway, why do you want to use 2 raspberrys for that, AFAIK you just need one (the 2 is better), and it will do what you want, it will normaly use the video grabber but if it detects conten on kodi it will switch to that.

If you insist on using two pi, then, theres an addon that does what you want, however, I think it doesn't work on the pi, I've tested on windows and works fine, it sends the commands via the network to the raspberry with hyperion and start working the lights, however, there are some limitations, I believed it only worked for videos or something like that.

Finally, your last option is to use and hdmi2av converter if you don´t have one already and a hdmi switch maybe, to change the input between your cable box and the second raspberry or whatever else hdmi input you prefer.
Its the official boblight addon and it works on rbpi too. IIRC hyperion also is compatible to boblight so this should be what you need.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hyperion is much less resource intensive compared to BobLight.
Indeed use the PI 2 to handle it all. It's capable to run it.

I use Hyperion on my PI 1, and use it for OpenElec on the same PI.
Yeah, I agree, running everything on one pi is better, at least for me, and I gave it a lot of tough.

Anyways, this is the addon I was talking about: https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...t-for-RPi)
I tried on my laptop with windows and kodi over wireless and it works great, even via wireless there doesn't appear to be any lag. And thats running on a Pi 1 with openelec+hyperion.

However it does say it´s no compatible with the Pi. Maybe the official boblight is and with the horse power of the Pi 2 you could do it with 2 pi's.
There is no need for the plugin. The only difference you need to edit the config file with SSH, but that's simple to do.
For OpenElec just use these steps: https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...h-OpenELEC
Hi guys!

So you are recommending to move everything to my new RPi2.
How is it configured? I am mostly watching cable so mostly it should be working with AV grabber.
Will it automatically change to kodi after a movie is played?

Thank you

Z
Hi, did you get this sorted out?

I finally receive my new grabber so I'am testing the new setup right now.

Using just one pi is able to work with both inputs.

Let me know if you still need help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hyperion server / client0