Win Kodi 14.2 hanging on startup after new router install
I have always had a very successful Kodi (and former XBMC) install. It has always been setup as MySQL to my dedicated server. Again, zero issues accessing this from any PC on my network. Just today I had to buy a new router (Linksys WRT1200AC). Since installing this router, Kodi hangs on startup. This is the only thing that has changed (aside from switching ISPs). I have a static IP address on my server, which is the same (192.168.1.103) as it has always been. My advancesettings.xml file is unchanged, and still reflects this IP address. I have verified that my server IP address has not changed. I am able to access my server via Windows without issue.

I have tried disabling the firewall completely in the router (for testing purposes) and Kodi still hangs on startup. It is doing this from 3 different PC's on my network. If I remove the advancedsettings.xml file temporarily, I am able to load Kodi, but of course my database is not present. I am then able to scroll around to the SMB share, and see all the files on my dedicated server.

Obviously the router is causing some sort of issue. Might anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe something to do with the routing you had setup and the routing table in the old modem/router. Why can't you use DHCP?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Well you're on the right lines - this is definitely an issue with Kodi not being able to connect to MySQL on your PC. Is the router IP still in the 192.168.1.x range like your old one? Obviously it's no good using those same old static IPs if the new router runs on, say 192.168.0.x. Also, are you using IP address reservation on the router to force the IPs you want on each machine or are you forcing them on the PCs themselves? It's far better to get the router to do this as with manual config on the PC, connectivity issues aren't always as easy to spot.

Is your main PC running Windows? Have you tried disabling the Windows Firewall or any other firewall software on the PC? The router shouldn't be filtering any traffic or ports if they're all on the LAN so this has to be either something on the PC blocking it or a very basic config issue on the router.

I assume if you install something like HeidiSQL on one of your client machines and try connecting to the database on the PC, that also fails?
Yes, my gateway and router IP are still the same (192.168.1.1). I am letting the router handle the IP reservation. It is still the 192.168.1.103 for my server, as it is listed in the advancedsettings.xml file. All of my PC's are running Windows 7, but my server is running Server 2008 v2. I am yet to install HediSQL and know nothing about it. ha!

Any further help is greatly appreciated!
UPDATE: Problem is solved. It was a firewall issue on Server 2008. Odd that the old settings worked fine prior to my new router being installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.2 hanging on startup after new router install0