Linux KODI crashes and no longer opens
I'm currently running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I previously had KODI up and running smoothly for a good month or so. One night, it crashed. Now, every time I attempt to start the program, it crashes, almost immediately. It no longer opens, at all.

I've attempted to remove KODI to do a fresh install, but I get the same crash. I even reinstalled Ubuntu, the necessary python software, all subsequent updates, and then KODI (xbmc)... and yet, I STILL get the exact same crash.

The crash log can be seen here:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/11845789/

Please tell me this isn't fatal.

THANKS!
Do you by chance start a playlist with autoexec.py? If yes, please remove this first.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Known problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do not/have not. After the fresh install of Ubuntu, the first thing I did was to download the necessary python software for the KODI install. Other than that, no other alterations were made.

EDIT:
Martijn - is there a fix for this known problem?
No not yet. That's what you get when trying alpha builds
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Do we know how it's able to keep crashing the same way, even after a full OS/KODI installation? As I've said in the OP, I had previously had KODI up and running for over a month with little to no issues, at all... something has to be left behind in order for it to keep crashing the way it does after a fresh start.
Yes - the problem was identified and it will be fixed tonight.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI crashes and no longer opens0