Bug #15891 shows fixed, but still happening--Dev please look
Hello All,

I have been having issues with my system since I switched from XBMC to Kodi. XBMC ran and operated fine with no issues.

Now I am getting a slight freeze during playback.

I have a thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228088 where I was trying to get assistance with it. I think they ran out of ideas to help me. So I did a compete delete of Kodi, and removed everything to do with it. I then reinstalled 14.2 and only added one video to my library and started tearing through the logs and putting errors in google to try to figure this out. One error that I found is an error that has already been reported, and it the report says it was closed a few months ago. Found it here http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15891
It says it was corrected in Isengard 15.0, that is why I decided to try going from 14.2 to 15.0 thinking it would fix my issue. But I am getting the same error in Isengard RC 1 that I was getting in 14.2, and the system still freezes for a sec randomly during playback.

edit----updated Log file to be starting debug, then restarting Kodi and watching movie: http://xbmclogs.com/pehw2e1g7

cutout of error in log.

11:08:18 T:1680 WARNING: CDVDInputStreamNavigator::SetNavigatorState - Failed to set state (Virtual DVD machine not started.), retrying after read
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
11:08:18 T:1680 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for E:\Armageddon\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 512
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 0
11:08:18 T:1680 ERROR: Unsupported audio codec
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 512
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 0
11:08:18 T:1680 ERROR: Unsupported audio codec
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 512
11:08:18 T:1680 ERROR: CDVDPlayerSubtitle::OpenStream - Unable to init overlay codec
11:08:18 T:1680 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
11:08:18 T:1680 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
11:08:18 T:3732 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86019
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Creating audio thread
11:08:18 T:1680 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
11:08:18 T:948 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
11:08:18 T:948 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayerAudio start, auto delete: false
11:08:18 T:948 NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess()
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 2
11:08:18 T:1680 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-2 video
11:08:18 T:948 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 6, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)

Thanks for your assistance with this.

-Chase
I really can't add anything except that you should enable debug logging from the beginning of the session, not after the movie has started playing.
(2015-07-10, 20:52)helta Wrote: I really can't add anything except that you should enable debug logging from the beginning of the session, not after the movie has started playing.

whoops, sorry didn't realize that. I've been running logs all day, trying to see if small changes made a difference.

Here is a log from when the movie was stopped, and I started log and then resumed on the movie:

http://xbmclogs.com/p3c7dlv48
Enable debug logging, then quit Kodi. Resart Kodi then play the movie. Upload that log. It would be cleaner and easier for devs to go through.

Also I only scanned the thread you linked to in the OP. Are you having issue with all movies or only certain ones? If it is only certain ones, use MediaInfo to gather details about the video/audio codecs and such for those that are effected and see if there is a pattern.
(2015-07-10, 22:57)kricker Wrote: Enable debug logging, then quit Kodi. Resart Kodi then play the movie. Upload that log. It would be cleaner and easier for devs to go through.

Also I only scanned the thread you linked to in the OP. Are you having issue with all movies or only certain ones? If it is only certain ones, use MediaInfo to gather details about the video/audio codecs and such for those that are effected and see if there is a pattern.

I have updated the Log to including starting up as well. This happens on all of my movies, but all of my movies are the same format. They are literal copies of the actual DVD disks that I had collected over the years. Now the disks are all in the attic and I play them through here.

Was using Gotham without any issue with these files, so not sure what changed over with the Kodi upgrade.

Thanks

-Chase
Careful, if your attic is like mine, those Discs will not last long up there. High heat will cause data rot and warpage. That is not a place I'd keep my discs.

Anyhow, back to Kodi. So as copies do you mean ISO rips or rips to a DVD folder structure? I am just trying to get as much info as possbile to help someone smarter than I to be able help you properly. From the log it looks like rips to a folder structure. I see plenty of errors about unsupported audio codec and I also see an error early on about using the WASAPI audio mode.
(2015-07-11, 00:03)kricker Wrote: Careful, if your attic is like mine, those Discs will not last long up there. High heat will cause data rot and warpage. That is not a place I'd keep my discs.

Anyhow, back to Kodi. So as copies do you mean ISO rips or rips to a DVD folder structure? I am just trying to get as much info as possbile to help someone smarter than I to be able help you properly. From the log it looks like rips to a folder structure. I see plenty of errors about unsupported audio codec and I also see an error early on about using the WASAPI audio mode.

Good point about the attic, will probably need to find an empty closet somewhere....

As to Kodi, they are in a folder structure, and ya unsupported audio codec, which I do not understand at all. I have downloaded the newest ffmpeg and installed them, and every kind of codec I could find hoping to fix that. Ya, there is an error about WASAPI as well, no clue there either. Like I said I have literally been putting errors in google, and putting Kodi on the end hoping to find something to help me figure this out. The error I mentioned is the only one I have found that I could maybe bring to someones attention.

At this point, I'm completely at a loss as to the issue. I've been using XBMC for years, before Eden came out, and at the beginning I had a lot of issues getting it working, but was able to get it worked out, and haven't really had any issues sense, unless I built a new media machine or something and needed to get it figured out for that one.

What is confusing me is I am using Gotham right now on the same machine and am fine. I haven't done a log for it in forever, and I've been messing with addons with it here recently so there are some strange errors, but if you look at the log for it, there is no WASAPI error or codec error at all, and it plays just fine there.

Here is Gotham log http://xbmclogs.com/pjnnzxxmx
Installing ffmpeg and codecs will do you no good. Kodi uses a built in ffmpeg and no external codecs unless you switch to using the DS player.

For the WASAPI error, try switching your audio output device in settings to a non WASAPI mode and see what happens.
(2015-07-11, 02:14)kricker Wrote: Installing ffmpeg and codecs will do you no good. Kodi uses a built in ffmpeg and no external codecs unless you switch to using the DS player.

For the WASAPI error, try switching your audio output device in settings to a non WASAPI mode and see what happens.

ahh, didn't realize that, when I get home after work today, I'll switch off WASAPI, and put a log up. I know it still does the the issue, but I can't remember what the log looks loke.
(2015-07-11, 02:14)kricker Wrote: Installing ffmpeg and codecs will do you no good. Kodi uses a built in ffmpeg and no external codecs unless you switch to using the DS player.

Sorry about the delay with the new log, but here it is, using direct sound now

http://xbmclogs.com/pzsla9vct
Is the DVD you are playing not for the region your DVD player is set to? It looks as if something is blocking Kodi from being able to access the file. Have you tried the "Forced DVD player region" option in settings/video/Disc?

Code:
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: cannot open E:\Armageddon (No error)
17:28:55 T:6000   DEBUG:   msg:
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdcss error: failed to open device
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Could not open E:\Armageddon with libdvdcss.
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Can't open E:\Armageddon for reading
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Device E:\Armageddon inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.

It looks like it eventually plays. I am not sure if those errors are normal when accessing DVDs or DVD rips. I'll see if I can get someone better suited to take a look at your log.

Also try RC2 and see if anything changes.
(2015-07-13, 20:15)kricker Wrote: Is the DVD you are playing not for the region your DVD player is set to? It looks as if something is blocking Kodi from being able to access the file. Have you tried the "Forced DVD player region" option in settings/video/Disc?

Code:
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: cannot open E:\Armageddon (No error)
17:28:55 T:6000   DEBUG:   msg:
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdcss error: failed to open device
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Could not open E:\Armageddon with libdvdcss.
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Can't open E:\Armageddon for reading
17:28:55 T:6000    INFO:   msg: libdvdread: Device E:\Armageddon inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.

It looks like it eventually plays. I am not sure if those errors are normal when accessing DVDs or DVD rips. I'll see if I can get someone better suited to take a look at your log.

Also try RC2 and see if anything changes.

Hello Kricker,

I just tried the dvd region setting, I would think the auto would be fine as I'm in the US, and all these are from here, and also like you unsure if it affects rips or not.

It looks like there was no change to it though. It did seem as if my CPU % was higher, but the errors still occurred.

I'm downloading RC2 right now, and will try that in a sec

Here is log from this bout: http://xbmclogs.com/p9lnpdl2a

Thanks

-Chase
No change with RC 2, when I did the DVD region thing, and on this last one there was one point where the screen kinda dissolved into black, kinda like trying to watch a torrent not fully downloaded yet, but after that happened, I backed up to see if it happened again, and it happened at the exact same spot again there.

Here is log: http://xbmclogs.com/pdbmwjo9p

Thanks for trying to help get someone else to take a look at this, I really appreciate your help!

-Chase
Well, here I am again....I tried upgrading to 15.0, didn't fix audio issue, and now it has an internet issue, cant connect to server. I attempted it in the 2nd log so you can see it.

This is a fresh install, removed old kodi, and deleted files in both spots. Fresh install of 15.0 went to get log uploader and got the error "cant connect to remote server"

Also played same video to see if audio issue fixed, it isnt....

First log is literally fresh install, 1 movie added to library and play. No changes at all to any audio/video/acceleration setting.

http://xbmclogs.com/pytm0dfav

2nd audio file is all the settings set to be what they should be, hardware accel set to software
7.1 sound
WASAPI sound
pass-through enabled
all the correct settings for my AV set as well, still broke.

http://xbmclogs.com/ph7rt6jbz

Any thoughts? Have been trying to get this corrected for 3 months now. All assistance is appreciated.
Bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
#15891 shows fixed, but still happening--Dev please look0