Use Android Kodi as remote
Hi there.

Is there a way that I can use Kodi on my Android as remore for Kodi on my HTPC?!

So that i can chose a movie on my phone which will ne played on my HTPC.

Cheers
You mean something like
(2015-07-19, 16:29)jjd-uk Wrote: You mean something like

Yeah. Exactly.

But is possible to start the movie without any pop up menue?

Cheers.
The closest thing is to change the default select action from the File List settings menu to Choose, where you can select play to from the More category.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

It would be handy to make Play to an additional function in that list, but somebody would need to add the option.

edit: Actually, as I think on it, even better would be putting the button in the Info screen, then simply launching the info screen when you select the time.
I see what you are trying to do but why not just use Kore or Yeste which lets you view and play the library and files on Kodi.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
(2015-07-19, 22:53)poplap Wrote: I see what you are trying to do but why not just use Kore or Yeste which lets you view and play the library and files on Kodi.

Using those is also an option, but as we transition to things like transcoding, buttons like what he's looking for really could become super useful. You could use your tablet to play to a UPnP enabled TV that doesn't have any kind of Kodi installed. Chromecast style.

Anyway, a button like this would be nice.

Very true, it should be added but for now, from what I understand of the OP's request, it could be fulfilled by said apps.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
i believe the OP would like Yeste, it can let you browse your library from your phone, read the plot, view the trailer, and play it directly to kodi on your htpc. it has a bunch of plugins if your into that kinda stuff like pause the movie if you get a call, display text messages on screen, and you can view movies from the htpc's kodi to your android if you buy the premium upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Android Kodi as remote0