Clean Database warnings about unsupported protocol etc
Every time you do a database clean, you'll see things like these in your log files:

Code:
09:16:00 T:140427592320960 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=cOPL8PpLZMw
09:16:00 T:140427592320960 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=gsjtg7m1MMM
09:16:00 T:140427592320960 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=oroEOMskgEI
09:16:00 T:140427592320960 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=Orp0MoLkpSU

times about 10000 if you play a lot of youtube videos or other various web-stream videos on Kodi.
I know that this is completely normal behavior, so this is more of a 'why is it this way' thread than a 'support' type thing, so I figured it more belongs here.

1) why are these even in the database? I don't really get why these are stored in the database that's being cleaned by a clean video database operation anyway. These are all videos I've sent to Kodi by Yatse (uses a json push etc) and aren't .strm files to be indexed or anything that should show up in the UI anywhere.

2) why aren't they being cleaned anyway? It doesn't appear they contribute anything to the database, seems like the ideal thing to clean.

3) does it actually re-hit the URLs when it does a clean database of other various HTTP urls etc? That seems like it could actually be a big performance hit for timeouts etc.

4) is there actually a way to clean these? It takes about 5 minutes every time I do a database clean, compared to 1 minute or less for a scan.
I would guess this is related to how Kodi stores the watched status for YouTube videos in the YouTube Addon? Which I appreciate, since it's even stored in the MySQL DB I use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Database warnings about unsupported protocol etc0