Where to get Kodibuntu 15 ?
Correct
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But it says this:
 Kodi v17.6 "Krypton"Read the "How To" instructions for people who already have a Linux-based OS setup. If you have not installed a Linux-based OS yet, you might wish to try out KODIbuntu which will install both the OS and Kodi with an easy installer.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
If you want an easy to install appliance type setup for only Kodi usage then we now recommend that you use LibreELEC, otherwise you'll have to install via PPA on Ubuntu if you want an official version.
Thanks, I have tried LibreELEC on raspberry, I suppose my question would be, are there any packages / skins / features etc that are only available with Ubuntu + KODI instead of the LibreELEC package.

Thanks for your quick responses btw!
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2018-02-13, 17:52)wcndave Wrote: only available with Ubuntu + KODI instead of the LibreELEC package

there are none.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-02-13, 17:36)jjd-uk Wrote: If you want an easy to install appliance type setup for only Kodi usage then we now recommend that you use LibreELEC, otherwise you'll have to install via PPA on Ubuntu if you want an official version.
 I am really missing KodiBuntu as I do rely on VNC connectivity and other Desktop functionality at certain times and I am not a linux geek who can configure an extra x-session for Kodi.
From my perspective there doesn't need to be a special version with a whole ISO image.
A prebuilt script or .deb in the PPA which creates an extra xorg session for Kodi which can the be used would be enough - maybe someone from TeamKodi re-evaluates this, I can't believe there are just a handful off ppl missing kodibuntu, thx Stephan
our standard kodi deb for ubuntu does create the kodi desktop session already. Just select it from your login manager.
If you mean a 2nd X11 session in parallel to your normal desktop: kodibuntu never did that.
Wow thx for the info. That is all I want, a separate login session just like Kodibuntu did.

That saves me a whole lot of trouble when I set up a new machine in March - now I can stop worrying

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to get Kodibuntu 15 ?0