Argh, No more guide for my WMC
Just stopped once changed over to Rovi, can no longer get WMC pull guide. Shows its connecting to server just saying my area is unavailable even with difference area codes. This really sucks.
Well, M$ windows 10 downloads must be affecting things. Started working again on its own after a while.
Thank you for updating your post. I just noticed that I wasn't receiving any guide updates as well. I tried manually updating and get a message indicating that the update went through successfully. However, I still have no guide data. Based on your post about it working intermittently, I will wait it out a bit longer.

Thank you again!
I'm also having the same problem. Still not getting guide data
Pretty sure they switched providers for the Guide Data. I went into WMC and did a setup again but this time used a zip code just a couple numbers off from mine to make sure it gets new data. This worked for me.
For those having issues with not seeing any guide data - did you run the TV setup again? If not - then you need to do this. And if after the setup is finished you still get no guide data then do as ASiDiE stated and change the zip to one that is still in your area for coverage but is more populated.
For me, It was working then It completely stopped giving me the guide info for few days, It actually went long enough that I saw No data in the guide. I re-went through the tv setup and nadda, WMC Logs were showing connection being made to server, but coming back with area unavailable or some such. I did no further diagnosis beyond trying different area codes, including ones for people I knew were still in fact still getting guide and still nothing. Next day I was getting ready to find another solution for DVR and I decided to re-rerun the setup just to see if anything changed and sure enough it connected and everything started working again, I didn't have to change area codes or anything.

Only other thing I can think of that may have affected it is that we did lose power for about an hour at one point thus power cycling our router and cable modem, When it came back up our public IP had changed. This is something that shouldn't have an effect, but figured I would mention it.

I hope any of you having this issues can gain any helpful information out of this.
@Traker1001

MS had a kill date that was reported in Tasks - Settings - TV - Guide - About Guide Listings. What I saw was that regardless of updating that end date stayed the same for Zap2It (July 21 for me). Once I reran the setup (on July 19) then everything was fine.
If anyone is having a problem with finding a working zip code, TheGreenButton has a fairly nice list stickied on their forums with known working zip codes. I had this issue crop up recently as I was re-building/upgrading a crashed server and discovered that my zip code no longer worked.
I used the MS provided "feedback" link. I had rovi guide data, but most of it was wrong (wrong virtual channel assignment). I was playing around with a program I found "guide tool" (provides no help and it isn't intuitive to me how it should be used). But it did seem to find a guide source that looked accurate. So I went into WMC and did a channel rescan and now the rovi epg data is pretty accurate (one channel in error still that I don't car about).

It didn't seem like Kodi was getting the new data (still showing "no data" for most channels) so I went into tv settings, disabled tv, then clear data, then enabled tv. PVR WMC client pulled in the stations, guide data, icons, and series recordings and I was back up, other than having to re-do channel groups.

scott s.
My cable channels have data, but not terrestrial HD.
(2015-07-30, 23:23)Traker1001 Wrote: Just stopped once changed over to Rovi, can no longer get WMC pull guide. Shows its connecting to server just saying my area is unavailable even with difference area codes. This really sucks.

I had to go in and rescan my channels, after that it switched to Rovi and downloaded fine although some channels are missing data that has to be manually added.
I was finally able to get my guide working again today. The link below has all the info you need. I had to take the more advanced approach found about halfway down the page in the "7/30 Update" section. Wish I had found this before. Hopefully it will help someone out who is still struggling with guide data.

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller...mment-5368
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Argh, No more guide for my WMC0