How to get Kodi to Access local Fanart Scraped by Mediaelch...
First of all it's great to be here... Hope I'm posting in the right place..

My HTC consists of the following:
Chromebox i5
Kodi 15.0 Isengard
Synology 12TB NAS (for stored content)
All hardwired to my Fibre connection and performs great...

The Problem.
My 82YO Father, after seeing my setup, wants to have a bare bones system in his home. He lives in a very remote part of Scotland and has no Hi-Speed internet connection at all. So we bought a Techcode CS918 HD 1080P Quad Core Android 4.2 TV Box, hooked up a 1TB external drive (formatted to NTFS), placed all his classic movies, re-named correctly, into seperate folders and scrapped the Fanart (metadata) with MediaElch to each movie directory on his HDD. The box plays well with Kodi 15.0 installed but the fanart has to be applied manually for each movie stored on his HDD. I think its something simple that can be fixed. The NFO within the film folder is called movie.nfo. When I add new Movies or TV Shows to his HDD it is not reading the local details that have been scrapped into the folders... Here is his folder structure.
There are only about 200 Classic Movies (Gangster and Westerns) and 3 Box-Set from the 50's and 60's...
But I don't want to have to go through every movie and TV episode to update the Kodi library everytime.

I'm obviously missing something here - Hope you can help. Thanks..

Steve....
I don't see the fanart in your movie structure.
How do you suppose it would get scraped (one p, like scraping stuff from a plate)
Tvshows don't use a movie.nfo either. Can you make a screenshot of an actual folder ?
Hi Kib, thanks for helping..
Here is a screengrab of the movies directory...

I have tried, when adding the source to kodi, setting the scapping defaults to none.
This seems to work until I take the HDD to my Dads. While there, no fanart is displayed...

Thanks again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get Kodi to Access local Fanart Scraped by Mediaelch...0