Having issues connecting to my RPI 2 from IE, or Filezilla
Have another issue, I can't always connect to my RPI 2 when I type in the Static IP in the IE browser or if I use my Filezilla, sometimes it works and others times I can't connect. I've tried rebooting RPI 2, also the router, I also click on refresh network in the Openelec network settings, but this morning for the life of me, it won't connect for me to transfer a file. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I did check the IP, to make sure it has not change, and still is the same, and I'm able to use the RPI 2 fine to watch shows, so there is an internet connection.

Don
Windows firewall, maybe?

Presumably when you are trying to connect with IE, you're not transferring a file but trying to access the web browser - is anything listening on port 80?

What protocol are you using with Filezilla? FTP? SFTP? If SFTP, can you ssh to the device?

Whether or not you have internet connection is of no relevance as this is all LAN connectivity. You could always try using samba for file sharing - \\ipaddress in File Explorer (not Internet Explorer).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Samba is enabled, I also have connected before, but evey now and then, when I try to connect it does not, usually rebooting the router solves the issue, but for not it is not. I also assume, you mean I should put the IP address in run.\\ IP Address ?? I've also done it in IE before it it has also opened up before.

As for Filezilla, I'm using SFTP, now when you say can I SSH to the device ??

Not my expertise here, thus why I'm trying to resolve this issue.
For Samba: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1989401

For ssh: Download and use PuTTY (username: root, password: openelec)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-08, 15:09)Milhouse Wrote: For Samba: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1989401

For ssh: Download and use PuTTY (username: root, password: openelec)

Tried connecting with Putty, Entering IP Address, and then open, it never ask me for Login and Passy BTW, app opens, but no connection, I also tried with File explorer and Filezilla again, but it is still not connecting, weird it worked fine before.
Make sure you've enabled ssh in the OpenELEC Settings add-on.

Also make sure you're trying to connect to the right IP address (check the System Information page in Kodi for the current IP address of the Pi). Does sound like you're using the wrong IP address.
(2015-08-08, 15:27)Milhouse Wrote: Make sure you've enabled ssh in the OpenELEC Settings add-on.

Also make sure you're trying to connect to the right IP address (check the System Information page in Kodi for the current IP address of the Pi). Does sound like you're using the wrong IP address.

I did check the IP, and it is correct, I had it set for Static IP, so I know the IP address wouldn't change., I should mention it is using port 22 if that is OK, I didn't set that.

If I have you correct, we can't have SSH and Samba enabled at the same time ??

Thanks for your guidance and patience on this, appreciate it.
(2015-08-08, 15:30)DJB628 Wrote: I did check the IP, and it is correct, I had it set for Static IP, so I know the IP address wouldn't change.

Then I'm out of ideas, and can only suggest you check your router, firewall etc.

(2015-08-08, 15:30)DJB628 Wrote: If I have you correct, we can't have SSH and Samba enabled at the same time ??

Sure you can - samba is enabled by default but ssh is not so needs to be enabled. The can coexist alongside each other.
K, thanks, weird never had an issue before

Will reboot all again including modem, and FTR I'm only connected wireless to the RPI2, not hardwired.
MH, one quick update, I had tried everything and still was not able to connect, so this time I decide to to reboot all, router, OE and Modem, and reconnect them all back one by one, first the modem, then waited, then the router then waited, then OE, and voila connected again. Don't know why this happens from time to time, but it does, I know we get surges here from being in S FL. so that might be the issue with the Modem, and needs a reboot.
Anyone know how to get to the RPI 2 to browse the files on Windows 10. I typed the IP address as such \\192.168.*.*** but nothing comes up anymore, I'm assuming it is different in windows 10 now if anyone knows. I can still access by FileZilla, just curious though
That (\\192.168.*.***) should still work on windows 10. It does for me.
(2015-08-30, 20:57)trogggy Wrote: That (\\192.168.*.***) should still work on windows 10. It does for me.

Where are u typing it, I'm typing it in IE
Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Type it in the Windows Explorer address bar.
(2015-08-30, 21:06)trogggy Wrote: Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Type it in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Got it, I use to type in IE before and always came up, good to know thanks Trogggy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues connecting to my RPI 2 from IE, or Filezilla0