Bug Cannot clean library since Kodi 15 upgrade
Hello,

I have the following equipment:
  • 2 x Raspberry Pi 2 running OSMC July Update (from my knowledge, that's Kodi 15.1 RC1)
  • An Intel NUC D34010WYK (Core i3-4010U, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics) running Windows 10 and Kodi 15
  • Another Windows 10 PC (Core i7 4790K, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 780) running Kodi 15

All of these devices get their media from an Ubuntu 14.04 Server. The media is shared through NFS and the library is synchronized using the MySQL database.

Since the upgrade to Isengard, whenever I try to clean the library, I receive the "Unavailable source" error on all of the four NFS folders that are shared (with the Remove and Keep options). After I choose "Keep" on all four of them, nothing happens (i.e. the library doesn't get cleaned). However, I can update the library just fine and also play anything from it, so clearly the NFS shares are correct, and so is the MySQL database (otherwise the update library operation wouldn't work, nor playing anything from it). Also, I didn't change anything before or after the Isengard upgrade.

I checked the database and indeed, the database upgrade was performed successfully (I now have two new databases, MyVideos93 and MyMusic52, alongside the old ones, MyVideos90 and MyMusic48).

What do you think is the issue?

Here's a log file from one of the Raspberry Pi's: http://xbmclogs.com/ppvyvfcai
I would upgrade to the stable version first, if available on OSMC:

Starting Kodi (15.1-RC1 Git:Unknown). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit

RC1 is not the latest version as Kodi 15 is not a release candidate anymore. It's stable now. Unfortunately I can't help with your library issue, as I'm not familiar with MySQL.
Hi David, thanks for the reply.

As you can see, it's 15.1 RC1, which is the latest version of Kodi. By the way, OSMC doesn't even show the version number in System Info in the GUI, the reason for that being that it's compiled specifically for Raspberry Pi, as Sam, the developer, said on their forums, so it doesn't necessarily coincide with the normal version numbering of Kodi.
Anyway, this is the July update for OSMC, the latest stable version. I'm not using any nightlies or test versions.

Besides, I have Kodi 15 stable installed on both my Windows machines, and they are exerting the same behavior.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I think maybe the best option would be to drop the mysql database and recreate it? It shouldn't be such a pain in the ass, as I don't really have a HUGE library Smile
Quote:By the way, OSMC doesn't even show the version number in System Info in the GUI, the reason for that being that it's compiled specifically for Raspberry Pi, as Sam, the developer, said on their forums, so it doesn't necessarily coincide with the normal version numbering of Kodi.

That seems like an odd decision considering OpenELEC, Xbian, and Raspbian versions of Kodi don't do that. Weird.
Yes, well that's what he says here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/osmc-updates...ed/5722/15

Basically the only way to check the Kodi version is the log.

But that's really beside the point, like I said, the same thing is happening on Windows as well.
Update: I dropped the database, dropped the kodi user, recreated the kodi user and rescanned the library. The behaviour is the same, cleaning the library doesn't work, however updating works.
i also am encountering the same issue with NFS media shares with a MySQL library on kodi 15 and 15.1
on windows and mac
(2015-08-15, 14:48)n3mur1t0r Wrote: Update: I dropped the database, dropped the kodi user, recreated the kodi user and rescanned the library. The behaviour is the same, cleaning the library doesn't work, however updating works.

Upload a new debug log (wiki) - your previous log has disappeared.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Code:
7:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.4.dylib)
17:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: Loading: /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/libnfs.4.dylib
17:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: NFS: Context for ** not open - get a new context.
17:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server ** and export **
17:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 1048576/1048576
17:34:17 T:140735192965888   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [nfs://**.mkv

no matching source is repeated for every item in my library
and yet scanning for new content works perfectly fine
Hi guys,

I had the same issue on my Openelec box and my Macbook Pro, with Kodi 15.1 and a centralized Mysql library. I have been able to solve the problem by adding missing source in my sources.xml files.

Hope it will help you.
Hello,

Sorry for the absence, I've been on vacation Smile

I now have OSMC August update with Kodi 15.1 final on my Raspberry Pi's and Kodi 15.1 final on both my Windows 10 machines. I can confirm what alxdabrazil said, if I create a local library with the same sources as the MySQL library, cleaning the library works. So this should be a workaround for anybody having this problem.
Hello

Posting this as I came across this thread when I recently had the same issue.
Windows 10 machine with MySQL for centralised library and 3x Raspberry Pi's all running Kodi 15.2.
No matter what I did the library wouldn't clean however no problems updating.
It turns out it was down to MySQL 5.7
Installed MySQL 5.6 and all working again Smile
Hmm.. Also have this problem, 15.2 all over and cannot clean the library anymore. Running MySQL 5.5. on a win7 machine and using 15.2 on both RPI, Android and Win10 devices over SMB. Is this bug reported anywhere? Any workarounds? Would hate to rebuild the database now...
(2015-08-17, 08:56)Milhouse Wrote: Upload a new debug log (wiki)
Having this same issue running OpenElec with a MySQL library. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot clean library since Kodi 15 upgrade0