Unable to play audio
Since upgrading to Isengard, I am unable to play any MP3s. Every time I play a song, whether through iOS app, web interface, or GUI, Kodi quits and restarts itself immediately. Videos play just fine, and UI sounds are fine. This was a Kodibuntu 14 installation, upgraded to 15.0 using apt-get.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/Bc4RNt9J
I'm running on an AT3IONT-I Deluxe system, x86_64.
Kodi 15.0 Git:2f34a0c
Deleting the addons folder does not help. Deleting the userdata folder does fix it, but I don't want to do that.
Provide the crashlog - it's in your home
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/12065439/
Turn on debuglogging please - then crash it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I already turned on debug, with audio component specific logging enabled, it should be in those logs.
13:11:45 T:140286474409920 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Better you would do what he asks for Wink
Oh! Sorry about that, not sure why that happened. I enabled debugging now, and here is kodi.old.log, which goes right up until the crash.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/12073529/

Today I'm not getting any crash logs in the home folder, I don't know why. They were appearing yesterday. But I am fairly sure kodi is crashing, because my iOS app loses connection, the TV goes black for a moment with just an X cursor, and I get this result afterward showing that kodi has only been running for three seconds.
Code:
elliott@kodi:~/.kodi/temp$ ps -eo pid,comm,etime,args | grep kodi
  625 avahi-daemon       22:43:28 avahi-daemon: running [kodi.local]
1506 kodi-standalone    22:43:19 /bin/sh /usr/bin/kodi-standalone
1612 ssh-agent          22:43:17 /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/im-launch kodi-standalone
1615 dbus-launch        22:43:17 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/im-launch kodi-standalone
17073 kodi                  00:03 /bin/sh /usr/bin/kodi --standalone
17075 kodi.bin              00:03 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone
17120 grep                  00:00 grep --color=auto kodi
System -> Music -> Playback: Turn Off Visualization, please
That works, thank you! I did some testing, and all the built-in visualizations work except for Waveform. (FishBMC, OpenGL Spectrum, ProjectM).
If you could install gdb (sudo apt-get install gdb) and crash it again and then provide the crashlog which you will find in your home directory, that would help us a lot.
I'm happy to help. I already have gdb installed, and it was making crash logs yesterday, but not any more. I'm not sure why.
Then post one of yesterday.
I did so already, in post 4 above. But debugging was turned off at the time. I'm trying to crash it now with debugging both on and off, and it never generates crash logs anymore.
That backtrace seems to be another issue - which I could not match to viz ... so another one would be great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play audio0