[iOS] - Kodi remote for iOS
Quote:The first is that I'd like to publish my app on the AppStore (if there is no limitation due to copyright, or things like this)
There is regarding the name "Kore".
Secondly you are ripping of the design and then asking money for it.

This is not considered very "cool"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There are three issues here:
  • You ported the code to iOS but made it a paid app. Although this is allowed under the GPL it is considered very bad taste and against the spirit of open source. Open source is about sharing and making everyone profit from each other. You are the only one profiting from this and when you stop developing all work is lost.
  • You are selling the new iOS app under the same name and ripping of the artwork. This is confusing to end users, and they will start asking us why the iOS version is paid. The name and artwork are copyrighted and do not fall under the opensource license used. Check this TL;DR to see what the Apache License means. This needs to be fixed. Because this effectively prevents us from porting it to iOS under an open source license, you are hurting the Kodi project. I can't imaging that was your intention.
  • You are using our forums to promote a paid, non-opensource app. This violates our forum rules on soliciting. Normally I would simply close the thread, but since we have a dialog ongoing right now I'll keep it open for now.
@Boobby69

As has been said, the "Kore" name and logo are off-limits. You should also review Kodi's general trademark policies, to make sure you aren't breaking any. You can check them here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy_FAQ

Now, a piece of advice: you went to all the trouble of porting the app, why keep the same design? IOs and Android have different design guidelines, and personally i hate seeing apps on Android that follow ios design, i imagine that IOs users also don't like apps that look like Android. Change the icons, follow ios design guidelines and you'll end up with something more original and better.
Yep, seems a little bit wrong cloning an opensource application, make it closed source and then resell it. Without considering the broken rules.
While I agree with all team comments, you should maybe have woken up 2 month earlier when he was explaining his goal.

Waiting for finished job to say : Hello this is bad while semantically correct is not correct for the time he passed on this project seeing no one saying no before.
@boobby69:

Changing the name can easily be done with an update of the app. I can tell from experience that using your own name turns out to be a lot better (I have learned it the hard way).

I can recommend freelancer.com to create a contest for an app name / logo / launch page. It won't cost that much.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
@Boobby69 Please change the name of your app on the iOs app store asap, as users are getting confused: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247524
Thumbs Down 
Oh crap, I actually found this on app store and bought it thinking it was the "real" Kore remote! Sad
But since it didn't work (i'm only getting authentication failed errors when trying to add kodi) i started looking for answers and stumbled upon the real "kore" thread and this one.
Too bad i didn't see this before my purchase, will try to get a refund on appstore.
I'd be happy to beta test this for you. I can sideload it on my iPhone through Xcode if you could send me a link to the project.
@Booby69,

As has been repeatedly asked, we'd like you to change the name and main icon of this app, so that users don't get confused regarding its official status.

Also, review Kodi's trademark policies, and make sure you aren't breaking any:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy_FAQ

Given that we've been asking this for almost a month, and there hasn't been a response from you, we'll wait 48h for you to take action, after which we'll proceed with a formal complaint with Apple.
(2015-11-22, 13:53)TRiX Wrote: Oh crap, I actually found this on app store and bought it thinking it was the "real" Kore remote! Sad
But since it didn't work (i'm only getting authentication failed errors when trying to add kodi) i started looking for answers and stumbled upon the real "kore" thread and this one.
Too bad i didn't see this before my purchase, will try to get a refund on appstore.

I'm in the same situation. And Same connection problems
Is this project dead? Would love to see Kore on IOS.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iOS] - Kodi remote for iOS0