Interactive RSS feed
Thumbs Up 
Every day I stare at the rss feed displaying news from x-scene. I know I can turn it off but I sorta like keeping it. Occasionally I see a headline that seems interesting, and I have to go to my pc to read the full article. It seems like an rss reader would be a logical extension of this feature: Make it possible to navigate do the rss feed and highlight headlines. By clicking the headline the full story is pulled down for the user to read. Smile
Thumbs Up 
I was about to post the exact same thing!
Every time I see a news story I am interested in, I have to fire up my PC to read it.
Am I missing something or is this an excellent idea?Nod
his right! we should be able to check th X-Scene page
or maybe a script that will redirect to th rss feed page

by the way...can we add any RSS link to the xml? or do we need a website that is rss feed compatiable with XBMC?
Any RSS feed will do. I currently use

http://news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories

which is the first from the list on this page

http://news.yahoo.com/rss

The file you need to edit is UserData/RssFeeds.xml
you should post over in the Python script section. I believe the main things you need are already implemented in Python. A script would simply need to get the RSS feed's current contents, then be able to scrape an article and display its content. You will need a scraper since there's no full web browser in XBMC right now and thus nothing that would be able to deal with the HTML returned by the article links.
Catchy Signature Here
I've been "hounding" a developer to add this functionality for several months now, who knows, maybe one day he will get the time/feel like doing it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interactive RSS feed0