v14 How to migrate my OpenElec settings to Windows Kodi?
Hello!
That's the question. I created a backup in openelec and I'd like to use it for Kodi in Windows but I didn't see a restore function in Kodi and the backup addon won't recognize the backup file OpenElec created.
So, how can I have all my settings of openElec in Kodi without doing all again?
Thank you!
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Well, if anyone comes to this htread for an answer:
following the link Redwingsfansfc gave me, I was able to know where are Kodi files.
First, since I wanted to copy OpenElec settings to Windows, I needed a program that would allow me to see files from an ext4 partition. You can google for that. since I had installed OpenElec in the same disk I use for windows, I decided to download ext2fsd. If you have your openelec installation in a usb drive, probably your best choice would be Ext2explore which you don't have to install.
All the files you need are in storage/.kodi/userdata/ (.kodi is a hidden folder). So copy all the files and folders from that hidden folder
Now in windows press Win+R and copy this: %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata which will lead you to where kodi files are installed in windows. Now you cand paste all the files you copied. Let windows replace anything and you are done!
Good news!
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to migrate my OpenElec settings to Windows Kodi?0