Updating Kodi on TV smart box
I have Kodi 14 installed on an Android TV smart box and would like to update to the latest Isengard.

The Android box has a Google account configured but when I go to the Google Play store Kodi app it shows Kodi as already installed and will not let me re-install the latest version. I notice on my smart phone Kodi auto-updated to the latest version but on the Android box it is not updating.

Also in apps under Android configuration I cannot update Kodi either.

How can I update Kodi through Google Play or Android apps?

Thanks.
(2015-08-29, 15:16)apc01 Wrote: I have Kodi 14 installed on an Android TV smart box and would like to update to the latest Isengard.

The Android box has a Google account configured but when I go to the Google Play store Kodi app it shows Kodi as already installed and will not let me re-install the latest version. I notice on my smart phone Kodi auto-updated to the latest version but on the Android box it is not updating.

Also in apps under Android configuration I cannot update Kodi either.

How can I update Kodi through Google Play or Android apps?

Thanks.
First let me say I did the updates following the instructions and when the kodi app updated on the play store I lost all my addons . If you want to continue with the update on the TV smart box you need it to be rooted or unlocked you need to remove the app that on the system and make a copy of the app aka save the app cause if a problem occurs you can switch back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Kodi on TV smart box0