Kodi starts to big for screen
Hey all,

Ik have a minor problem.
Whenever i startup my Kodi HTPC the size Kodi is far bigger than my TV.

I have a intel NUC as HTPC with Windows 10 x64 installed on it connected to my 55" LG flatscreen through HDMI.
Everything works fine only thing is when i boot up my HTPC Kodi is displayed i guess 4 times as big as my tv display is (if that makes any sense).
I only see the left top side of the KODI interface and the rest isnt displayed (only outside of the range of my screen)
When i close KODI my windows 10 desktop is displayed perfectly.
I have to restart the HTPC and when i start KODI than it also is displayed perfect again.

After im done watching stuff on KODI i always shut down my HTPC.
Only reason i can think of is that my TV isnt recognised by KODI yet or something and KODI starts in the wrong resolution.... or something.

Does this sound farmilliar to someone and is there a solution to this problem?

Kind regards,
Marty
Just a jab, can you hook it up to a regular monitor and reproduce this issue? The only thing that I can think of is your dpi settings....but restarting shouldn't reset it and the fact that your desktop is normal when you exit kodi is weird too. Just in case, when you run kodi, minimize and go into settings->System Display->Check that your slider is all the way to the left(100%).
Hint... look at the TV settings, Dont set it as Oversan or some other setting and make it just scan or whtever the setting n yours is called to leave the signal alone is.
More than likely windows reconizes it's a tv and is using scaling.

right click desktop, advanced settings, and there should be a scaling choice, and then you want to set it to 100% not 150%.
HI all thanks for the feedback.

I didnt discover what the problem is but i just installed Openelec and now it works fine.
It prolly had to do with the tv not being active yet or in powersave since my nuc didnt boot up fast enough.
My nuc isnt that powerfull anyway and this seems better.

Now i have one more problem.... but i make a new topic since its remote related.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi starts to big for screen0