5.1 Audio Issues Eclipse Box
I've updated to latest kodi 15.2. Problem I have is that when I have Dolby digital AC3 capable receiver enabled, when playing sources with 5.1 sound, the sound is slowed down. It plays 5.1 but is slowed down. If I disable this setting within system/audio output, the sound plays at normal speed but is not 5.1. I had same problem on v15 aswell. All help greatly appreciated
Have you tried with / without enabling pass-through?
Any difference?
(2015-09-01, 12:23)trogggy Wrote: Have you tried with / without enabling pass-through?
Any difference?
The above is with pass through enabled. When it's disabled the sound plays fine but not in 5.1 sound. I'm using a Bose lifestyle system that has played 5.1 sound with pass through on previous versions of Xbmc with no issues
Unless someone chips in with an 'Oh yes, I know what's going on...' soon you need to post a de-bug log of something that shows the problem.
Hopefully the answer will be in there, and someone will find it (probably not me tbh).
Thanks, here's the log file http://xbmclogs.com/pcdbzjsqj
I can see the problem on playback, no idea of the solution, but I did come across this in the wiki:
Quote: 5.11 ANDROID: Audio issues (passthrough, etc)

If you are having audio issues with the v15 update then try using the new SPMC which is based on Kodi v15. Be sure to let us know on the Kodi forums if it fixes your issue or not.
So it seems it's not unique to you.
(2015-09-01, 14:06)trogggy Wrote: I can see the problem on playback, no idea of the solution, but I did come across this in the wiki:
Quote: 5.11 ANDROID: Audio issues (passthrough, etc)

If you are having audio issues with the v15 update then try using the new SPMC which is based on Kodi v15. Be sure to let us know on the Kodi forums if it fixes your issue or not.
So it seems it's not unique to you.
Cheers. Where in the log can you see the issue?
Around 12.41 when you're playing the video - lot's of CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement, CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity, CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError, skipping packets etc.

I would try SPMC, see if it fixes it. Unless someone more knowledgeable (wouldn't be hard) appears here with a solution.
(2015-09-01, 14:17)trogggy Wrote: Around 12.41 when you're playing the video - lot's of CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement, CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity, CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError, skipping packets etc.

I would try SPMC, see if it fixes it. Unless someone more knowledgeable (wouldn't be hard) appears here with a solution.
Cheers. Just tried it on SPMC and the 5.1 Audio is perfect. It would be good if Kodi was fixed for this issue aswell
I'm switching to using SPMC by default until this issue is fixed in kodi . SPMC seems really stable and I've experienced no issues at all with sound so far
Just tried spmc but the options for passthrough were missing. I did set options to expert, still nothing.
(2015-09-02, 15:30)guymyer Wrote: Just tried spmc but the options for passthrough were missing. I did set options to expert, still nothing.
It's definitely there when expert is set
what version of spmc are you referring to? I used 15.0 so I can use the emby plugins. I set my audio options to expert and saw nothing, half the options seemed to be missing. I'll reinstall it again later today and if still nothing I'll take a pic.
To test on Isengard:

If your device is rooted, install and run Android Terminal.

After type following:

Code:
su
And allow terminal to use SU

Code:
chmod 666 /sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode

Exit Android terminal (type exit and press enter 2 times) and then start Kodi, see if issue is fixed.

Might be similar issue as on Amlogic, error I noticed:
Code:
RKEGL: no rw on /sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode
(2015-09-02, 15:48)guymyer Wrote: what version of spmc are you referring to? I used 15.0 so I can use the emby plugins. I set my audio options to expert and saw nothing, half the options seemed to be missing. I'll reinstall it again later today and if still nothing I'll take a pic.
13.4.0 that I got from the Play store

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Audio Issues Eclipse Box1