AFTV users I need you input/adivce
Hi AFTV users, I have been struggling with getting Kodi 14.1, 14.2, 15.0, 15.1 and 15.2 to play back any of my 23.976 1080/720p media without random frame/s skipping (no set pattern emerging on this and all v15's are worse). I would like some feedback from any AFTV users in the community to see if their system is good for playback. I know we have to endure the 3:2 pull down as part of the course but its not this I am referring to jbut random 1 to 2 or 3 frames skips that follow no pattern.This will allow me to workout if its just my set up or its just a known hardware limitation before I start ripping out components of my AV set up to bug test and start to send in logs to Kodi. Other source hardware is all ok in the system and my openelec system I had before was also fine and dandy in the same setup. (changed to AFTV as wanted one box for stremaing services and home library. I use Emby currently for library and had Plex to which also had same issue.These skip frames are not shown in Kodi display overlay at all when or appear in the log.

Looking forward to some input.
Unfortunately, any improvement for that has to come from Fire OS/Android.
Sorry I may have confused things by bad grammar I am not on about the 3:2 pull down as I expect that and understand only FireOS can sort that.What I am referring to is random frame skipping I keep getting and this follows no pattern what so ever and I want to know if other users of AFTV get this or not so I can establish if my unit is faulty or its an update that might have caused it, as it was fine until around end of July, If everyone gets this then I know its a weakness of FireTV and I can stop going mad trying to fix it and stop me ripping my whole home system apart.
Try taking any network issues out of the equation. Put some videos on a USB stick and see if that has the same issues. Emby/Plex is also an unnecessary bottleneck. You don't need to transcode the media. Just share a folder.

Also, do you have a load of plug-ins?
I don't see frame skipping on my Fire TV box or stick.
Thanks.
Emby is totally necessary for me as my library is all in it and I don't transcode all direct play to firetv but I do transcode to mobiles out of home and have another Kodi box in dinning room. I have tried a file locally and it was the same as was playing file direct from my server not using emby. Network is fine as all other devices connected to same hub are good I, tried my Bluray and TV via DNLA and all good. I have talked to Amazon as I was getting issues with Netflix and Amazon streaming exhibiting the same thing so I am getting a replacement box to try that before testing my whole setup unit by unit.

(2015-09-05, 10:06)Fist Wrote: Try taking any network issues out of the equation. Put some videos on a USB stick and see if that has the same issues. Emby/Plex is also an unnecessary bottleneck. You don't need to transcode the media. Just share a folder.

Also, do you have a load of plug-ins?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV users I need you input/adivce0