Linux Issues with RPI 2 connecting and sharing with Windows
(2015-09-09, 18:55)Dilligaf Wrote: The modem should have nothing to do with sharing across your internal network unless it's a wireless modem and supports your wireless network.

I agree with you on this, but all I can tell you is that the only way to get access to the Pi from any of my windows PC's is to reboot all. Don't know if it is something with Comcast and the Mac ID, I have no clue, but just rebooting the Router does not work.

When it happens again I will try the above suggestions and see.
(2015-09-10, 12:32)DJB628 Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 18:55)Dilligaf Wrote: The modem should have nothing to do with sharing across your internal network unless it's a wireless modem and supports your wireless network.

I agree with you on this, but all I can tell you is that the only way to get access to the Pi from any of my windows PC's is to reboot all. Don't know if it is something with Comcast and the Mac ID, I have no clue, but just rebooting the Router does not work.

You do know now you've said that you will probably never have the problem again Smile
(2015-09-10, 13:43)Steve_uk Wrote: You do know now you've said that you will probably never have the problem again Smile

Knowing my luck, you're probably correct, LOL Tongue
(2015-09-10, 13:49)DJB628 Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 13:43)Steve_uk Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 12:32)DJB628 Wrote: I agree with you on this, but all I can tell you is that the only way to get access to the Pi from any of my windows PC's is to reboot all. Don't know if it is something with Comcast and the Mac ID, I have no clue, but just rebooting the Router does not work.

You do know now you've said that you will probably never have the problem again Smile

Knowing my luck, you're probably correct, LOL Tongue
So you're hoping it messes up now ha ha Wink
Wink
I'm beginning to wonder if this could be a DNS thing on the router itself perhaps. What router and DNS server are you running?

It sounds like in my case the router/DNS is trying to resolve the IP name into an IP address and timing out, but can connect directly via the IP address as there's no resolution involved. But in your case it's a bit different, but perhaps something is getting misrouted and/or blocked by either the router or the modem and hence neither is working.

Of course as we're talking about local names and IP addresses there shouldn't be remote resolution required (neither should go beyond your router/modem as it's all in-house) but if something there is either failing or being mis-named by Kodi and so not being recognised properly as a local address then we could be hitting issues.

It could perhaps explain why it's happening, but not so much why it's intermittent. Does that sound even vagulely plausible or sensible (I'm not an expert on these sort of things by any means)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Happened again this morning, tried everything I could think of, damn this is annoying.
When you say you have the Pi set up as a static IP - have you also set your router up to have a more restricted DHCP pool and ensured that the static IP address is outside that, or at least that the static IP address is up at the top-end of the DHCP pool if not?

Just perhaps to eliminate any possibility that your router may be assigning another device the same IP address as your Pi has been manually allocated as its static one, and thus causing a clash on your network? Or have you assigned the "static" IP address in the DHCP server of your router rather than on the Pi itself?

Like you I'm still quite often getting the Pi unavailable by name, but it's always available by IP address as the static address mine has is outside the range of the DHCP pool (mine's set up to be 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.199, with all the static things on my network set up above .200).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes I have and it is outside the assigned pool., and still the same issue. I also again check the PI to make sure while I could not connect from the Windows PC, I played a show to make sure the PI was connecting and internet working and it was.

This time I tried a different way to get it back, I rebooted the router, and then right away and reboot the PI, and it connected once all were back up and running

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with RPI 2 connecting and sharing with Windows0