Win Can kodi V15.1 change video cache setting using advancedsettings.xml?
Hello,

I put video content in Win7 PC shared folder, and kodi is running at a x64 Win7 laptop connect the shared folder as network disk 'Y:'.
I think the network disk 'Y:' should be treated as local disk from kodi.

As kodi wiki and many internet information, kodi will cache video only that use internet filesystems in default.
According HOW-TO:Modify the video cache
I create the following advancedsettings.xml to enable cache for local content (set buffermode=1)
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>50</readbufferfactor>
</network>

However, I observe that the memory consumed by kodi.exe and network throughput in Windows Resource Monitor,
there is no difference wether I create the advancedsettings.xml or not.
The kodi always consumes 150MB(before play video) ~ 400MB(playing video) memory.
Different cachemembuffersize(20M or 150M) setting also have same result.

I press 'O' key to the show codecinfo, the fill speed of aq/vq/cache % also seem identical in different setting (no advancedsettings.xml, 20M cache, 150M cache)

I use following two methods to create the advancedsettings.xml:
1. Manually edit and copy to %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
2. Using Easy Advanced Settings V0.8.8 add-on.
Both lead to same result...

It seems that advancedsettings.xml does NOT take effect at all...
Dose kodi v15.1 for Win realy support to change video cache settings using advancedsettings.xml?
Or what's wrong with my understanding?
Thanks!
Hi
I found it is content depended.
The cache setting works for video file (ex: mkv, mp4 etc...) but NOT for BDMV or BD ISO...
The cache information in codecino overlay always shows "forward: 0 B xx%" when playing BDMV or BD ISO
But it shows "forward: 75 MB xx%" when playing video file with 150MB cachemembuffersize setting.

So my question should be changed to "Can kodi V15.1 change video cache size for playing BDMV or BD ISO?"
Thanks!
Exactly the same problem. The stuttering is horrible in movies that include 2 versions (teathrical/unrated) when the chapter changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can kodi V15.1 change video cache setting using advancedsettings.xml?0