Linux HP Chromebox Multiple Boot Issues
Hello,

I've searched these forums for my issue(s) and have tried everything I could so far... Here's what's happening:

I have a HP Chromebox which I have installed Ubuntu+Kodi as per here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#OS_and_K...stallation

I used Lubuntu if that's important. This configuration has worked well for months however, now I'm having some issues around storage, and Kodi not keeping preferences such as audio settings, etc... Anyway, I'm attempting to start from scratch to check out OpenElec however I'm running into issues doing a factory reset:

1. I've tried restoring to factory using Google's recovery tool however I get to the select boot device screen, press 2 for my recovery media and I get "Booting USB device" and the screen goes blank, and stays that way. Forever.
  2. I've tried the same using the Zaco image+W32 Disk Imager however same results as above
  3. I can't get back into developer mode, ctrl+d does nothing, ever. I'm using the same keyboard as I did for the original install so I know(hope) it works.
  4. I've also tried several different media, none of them work.

I followed all the troubleshooting steps that I have found in this forum and on the kodi.wiki and so far nothing. I haven't zapped anything, I can still let it boot as normal and it will boot into Lubuntu. However I would like to try OpenElec/Kodi now.

What do you think I should try next?
(2015-09-12, 19:25)ripeart Wrote: What do you think I should try next?

if you have a standalone setup (which it sounds like you do), then the recovery button/media, CTRL-D/L, etc are all useless - they are functions of the stock firmware, and flashing my custom firmware turned the ChromeBox into an regular x86 PC. If you want to try OpenELEC, then just boot the OpenELEC install media and install it, like you would on any other PC. Create the OE install media by running the Kodi EZ setup script from ubuntu and choosing the appropriate option, or by following the instructions on the OE site.
Awesome, thank you I have OE+Kodi installed! Do you have any idea where I can find instructions to download the wireless network (and possible other) drivers? I'm at the setup part and it doesn't detect any networks.

Thanks again Big Grin
(2015-09-12, 23:10)ripeart Wrote: Awesome, thank you I have OE+Kodi installed! Do you have any idea where I can find instructions to download the wireless network (and possible other) drivers? I'm at the setup part and it doesn't detect any networks.

Thanks again Big Grin
I assume you're using 5.0.8 stable, in which case you need to enable wireless in the OpenELEC network settings
[quote='Matt Devo' pid='2104312' dateline='1442092462']

Everything is working great. Thank you so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Chromebox Multiple Boot Issues1