v15 No audio if HDTV turned off
Hi all,

The following issue was solved in XBMC but persists in Kodi.

I had this problem in XBMC and I solved it, you can see the following thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190803

What fixed it was the following:
1. Disabled power settings in windows to never enable the screen to go off.
2. Disabled the streamsilence option in advancedsettings.xml.
3. Disabled the "give exclusive mode application priority" option in the audio device properties in windows.
4. Disabled all GUI sounds in XBMC

It doens't work in Kodi.
I start playing music, turn off the TV and the music stops. sometimes the music might come back for a few seconds after 30 minutes or so (if I forgot to turn the entire system off).

i use HDMI audio

Any ideas?
Thanks
On my 8.1 i5 NUC I do get sound with the display off, though I do get a several second cutout if I'm playing music and turn the TV off or on.
I have power settings in Windoze to always on and GUI sounds off. Haven't set the exclusive mode and streamsilence is now obsolete.
(2015-09-16, 23:06)dullard Wrote: On my 8.1 i5 NUC I do get sound with the display off, though I do get a several second cutout if I'm playing music and turn the TV off or on.
I have power settings in Windoze to always on and GUI sounds off. Haven't set the exclusive mode and streamsilence is now obsolete.

That was the case with me too.
I replaced my HD and reinstalled my system (I have ZBOX), and this time I used Kodi instead of XBMC, and then the problem started.

I tried using MPC without Kodi and I have the same problem, so the problem does not reside with Kodi, the only thing I can think of is that the new driver of the Intel HD4000 is to blame.

I'm still open for suggestions though...
The NUC I'm using is the D54250WYK1 which uses the HD5000. The video driver I'm using is 10.18.14.4170. The audio driver is 6.16.0.3178.

I agree it is most likely the driver. All I can suggest is trying a older/newer driver and see if that makes a difference.
(2015-09-17, 17:03)dullard Wrote: The NUC I'm using is the D54250WYK1 which uses the HD5000. The video driver I'm using is 10.18.14.4170. The audio driver is 6.16.0.3178.

I agree it is most likely the driver. All I can suggest is trying a older/newer driver and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for that extra information. It wasn't the driver after all, well, at least not Intel driver.
The ZOTAC ZBOX has also an on board HD Realtek Audio, so whenever I turn off the TV, Windows in its infinite wisdom decides to use Realtek rather than the HDMI (which is set as default), all I had to do was to disable the Realtek audio device in the sound settings in control panel.
Now everything works !!!!
Good to hear. Seems like with Windows the problem is too often M$ thinking for us and getting it wrong!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio if HDTV turned off0