OS X Kodi 15.1 on OS X doesn't sync properly with mysql database
I currently have Kodi 15.1 running on three different Windows computers (two Windows 8 and one Windows 10), and all of them are pointed to a mysql server on my Synology NAS Diskstation. It all works perfectly, and I can sync my library and watched files on each of these computers.

This afternoon I installed Kodi 15.1 (Git:2015-08-16-f4dda26) on my Mac computer running Yosemite 10.10.2, and I dropped the same advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files that I used in my other Kodi installations into the userdata folder on my OS X. Kodi populates the entire library, but whenever I select any of the video files I get the error "This file is no longer available".

My xml files use the smb paths to my server, not mapped network drive paths. I can connect to these folders using smb no problem through finder, but I'm assuming my problem is related to all of the smb problems that other people seem to have (I heard there are some issues with this in the newer Mac OS's) but I don't know enough about this to troubleshoot much more than I already have. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Log file ===> http://pastebin.com/YCNK4Tzn
Advancedsettings====> http://pastebin.com/Jcn3eQKB
Sources=====> http://pastebin.com/RqaHt1h9
Are the SMB shares password protected? You might need to copy the passwords.xml file from one of the working boxes to the Mac in the userdata folder.
Thanks for the reply! None of my other Kodi installations have a passwords.xml file, so I didn't even know that file existed until you mentioned it. The network shares are password protected, but all of the other machines on my home network (server included) have the same username and password so I guess that negated the need for that particular file in the Windows installations. If the server and the computer share the same password it just logs right in. This obviously isn't the case for the Mac, but I just made a passwords.xml file using the format shown below (with my own server address, username and password of course), but it doesn't fix the problem. Can you think of anything else that I can do to address this?

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://username:[email protected]/</to>
</path>
</passwords>
After a lot of fudging around it looks like I found a solution to my problem. For posterity, here is how I got it fixed:

Since this seemed to be a permissions issue, I figured I'd try to make a new smb share by manually adding a source within Kodi. Whenever I tried to add my NAS as a source under SMB I would get an "Operation not permitted" error and couldn't go any further. I figured that since Kodi seemed to be getting hung up on not being able to get a username and password to work I went into my Synology NAS and enabled a guest account. Once I went back into Kodi and tried to manually add a source I no longer got the aforementioned error and I was able to go deeper into the directory tree. At one point it asked me for a username and password for the server, so I typed it in. I added the new source (it was just a dummy folder with nothing in it) and now I can view all of my videos sourced from my Mysql database. I then went back and disabled the guest account on my NAS and deleted the dummy share that I had just created, but everything related to my original database still worked as it should. I guess that Kodi by default tries to login to shares as a guest and when that doesn't work, instead of asking for a user/pass it just gives you that "Operation Not Permitted" error. Following the above steps seemed to fix the problem.
Hi, my problem/solution was a little bit different:

I opened every smb source in Kodi with the context menu and changed the path from this:
Code:
smb://192.168.1.10/video
to this
Code:
smb://user:[email protected]/video

After the save Kodi changed the "path" back to the first version but it could access it.

So what did i tricked Kodi into? It is easy to explain:
Through my actions Kodi added itself the passwords.xml with the data i added above.

It is also a possible way :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 on OS X doesn't sync properly with mysql database0