Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting
Hi, can anybody please help with this error?
Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting

After some testing, I can play music and standard def video files without a problem, but when I try to play any HD video the error happens.
All drivers are up to date.

I have had a setup running for some years with no issues until I upgraded from a nightly 15.1 Isengard.
I have tried Isengard 15.2 & Jarvis and both have the same error, I have also rebuilt the PC to a fresh Windows 7 installation and now Windows 10.

I have removed my user folder and started from scratch, including the MYSQL databases.

Thanks in advance.

Full Debug Log
Just tried to play a HD video through windows 10 built in player and all worked fine, It seems to be Kodi related.
OK I have just found that if I disable DXVA2, the media will play. Why would this happened when it used to be enabled?
Also what effect will it have to the quality now it is turned off?
Anyone?
AMD A6-3650, AMD has shitty drivers. It means you won't have hardware acceleration, but rather resort to software. You will have higher cpu percentages while playing videos then you would with DXVA2 enabled.
Thanks Helta.
How come DXVA2 used to be ok to enable but in the newer releases of Kodi it crashes?
Also will the video quality be the same, just CPU load will be higher?
Because of their updated shitty drivers. Haha, you can try to roll back to an older version of their drivers to re-enable DXVA2, but its probably going to be trial and error.

As far as I know, video quality should be the same. Yes, cpu load will be higher.
That's great thank you. I will try rolling back, I thought it was something in Kodi that had changed.
I have this error as well on the final 16.0 version on Windows 10 x64 with NVidia GTX960M with driver version 361.91 .

According to the Windows logs it seems DX11 related:

Faulting application name: Kodi.exe, version: 16.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56c88b73
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.10586.17, time stamp: 0x56518784
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0013ee61
Faulting process id: 0x274c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d17092789374a6
Faulting application path: C:\Kodi\Kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: d2872e0e-1778-4732-b22e-40486ac4d451
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I tried to replace d3dcompiler_47.dll in the Kodi folder with the one I have in the windows\system32 and with the one in the SYSwow64 folder but no effect.

It seems to happen mainly if I start music only and not video (with sound).
So possibly it is has to do with visualization. Let me check...
Yes, when I have DXSpectrum I get the error with playing music but I don't have the problem with Milkdrop2 Smile
hi just opened kodi propertes and set it to windows 7 and 760/ 480 res and works fine give it a go
(2016-02-26, 15:00)Bitpusher Wrote: Yes, when I have DXSpectrum I get the error with playing music but I don't have the problem with Milkdrop2 Smile

Hello Bitpusher, Error:Exception caught on main loop.Exiting. Happens on Kodi when trying to play a song. Found your post, and switched from Milkdrop to Milkdrop 2, and you were right. Every thing is working. Thank You so much!
I am getting this same error. I was having no problem on Kodi 15. Kodi will play one video, but as soon as the next one loads, I get the error and Kodi freezes. I am running Windows 10 with a GTX 970. The issue is extremely frustrating.
I changed back the skin to confluence and it worked.
I was using Aeon Nox in Jarvis 16.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting1