Subtitles don't stream over dlna
Hello,

I'm running kodi 15.1-2 on archlinux, I have everything I found on the menus for subtitles but they don't stream when i watch the video from the dlna functionnality of my samsung smart tv...

I checked this forum and search on google but I did not find any information that solved my issue...

Any idea why?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Quote: any idea why they don't
Because they don't.
Actually I believe this is coming, perhaps in 16?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The v15 alpha changelog says it does, then in the v15 changelog I can see "Added support for external subtitles over UPnP / DNLA through the settings section " and this page clearly states it's a new feature:

Feature - UPnP external subtitles - where you have video files that do not contain subtitles so subtitles are provided by means of a seperate subtitle file, both the video and external subtitles can now be sent over UPnP (previously only subtitles embedded in the video container worked).
dlna does not support external subtitles at all.

what was added is an extension. kodi -> kodi will show subs. not so much other players, certainly not samsung tv's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles don't stream over dlna0