OpenElec "Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.222' (101)" [solved]
Kodi is not showing any movies and kodi.log is showing:
18:12:55 T:140706921592704 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos93 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.222' (101))

However, if I restart Kodi from ssh with:
systemctl restart kodi

The movies show up and everything works perfectly.

I'm assuming Kodi is launching prior to the network interface in Linux. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm running OpenElec version 5.95.5 (Kodi 15.1)

There's not much else useful in kodi.log, but I can post if needed.

Thanks.
Try commenting-out the line "bind-address = 127.0.0.1" (put a '#' at the front) in /etc/mysql/my.cnf so you can listen on all network interfaces for MySQL connections as opposed to just localhost. If that does not work, follow the instructions in https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/...cting.html
LeKodeur: At first I did think it was a mysql connectivity issue, but then I was able to restart kodi and it reads/writes to mysql just fine.
(2015-10-02, 01:40)fishbulb Wrote: LeKodeur: At first I did think it was a mysql connectivity issue, but then I was able to restart kodi and it reads/writes to mysql just fine.

Is your remote SQL server 'awake' when Kodi starts? Perhaps you need to setup WOL and ensure your remote server is not in stand-by when Kodi needs to access it.

Another way would be to synchronise a local copy of the video database (MyVideos93) from your remote server ... this way you'll also get less lag when looking through and accessing your movies.

EDIT: Check dmesg to verify your eth device comes good during boot before Kodi starts.
I checked dmesg and see the network interface starting, but there is no mention of kodi in dmesg output. Yes MySQL is awake, I can do queries off of it the whole time openelec is starting up.
Ok, I solved it... There is an option under Settings -> Openelec -> Network to wait for network before loading kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec "Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.222' (101)" [solved]0