The BIG question
I've been researching for a solid week and can't seem to get an accurate answer so I thought I would bring it to the pros! In a nutshell, my ultimate goal is to have my OTA and IPTV all in one guide. Here's my ramblings

I'm running Kodi on windows.
I'm using NextPVR
I have the newer HDHomerun Connect (Network accessible Dual Tuner)
I currently have the hdhomerun addon installed in Kodi
I have the NextPVR addon installed in Kodi

Here's the rub. If I have the following setup. HDHomerun Addon enabled in Kodi (Don't know if I need it with this setup but it's on), I have the Tuner configured in Next PVR and the channels are scanned in there. I have Live TV enabled in Kodi. If I go to the TV section in Kodi, I see my Over-The-Air channels as well as the EPG data for each channel. I don't know if the guide data is coming from NextPVR, from the HDHomerun Addon, or from something in Kodi that's pulls guide info but it's there. If I wanted to stop there I would be good. I'd have my 13 local OTA channels, the EPG info, and the ability to record & play the shows with nextPVR. But I want more channels.

So I turned on IPTV Simple Client and installed iVue and everything went haywire. My OTA channels were gone from the guide that came with Kodi. I'm not 100% sure but I think they were replaced with the same ones that showed in my iVue guide. I did a lot of research and saw a lot of people having issues with multiple TV sources. A lot of them were having to stop and restart Kodi multiple times to get the right channels to show in the guide. Each restart was toggling which channels were showing in the guide, the OTA stuff or the IPTV ones.

I want to be able to open either the guide included in Kodi or an iptv guide such as ivue and see my OTA channels listed first, then all the iptv channels listed.

I thought about finding a way to alter the m3u and add my OTA channels but then they wont be coming through NextPVR and I wouldn't be able to record them right?

This isn't THAT high on the list but I would like to be able to record the iptv channels as well.
Where is the guide data coming from for the iptv channels? I though if there was a PVR backend that let me add either a m3u playlist for iptv channels or even ad each iptv stream manually as a channel to the PVR then I would do that but then how would they get their EPG data? Plus I don't know of a PVR backend that could do that.

I wouldn't even mind if my OTA stuff ran through NextPVR and the Kodi guide and I had to open up the iVue guide to see the IPTV channels but it seems like as soon as I set up Ivue or another IPTV addon then the Kodi guide OTA channels get wiped out.

Ultimately, and I doubt we are there yet, I wish there was a (FREE) PVR backend that I could add multiple TV sources such as OTA tuner, individual IPTV streams, and m3u playlists then create channel groups to show the channels I want to see in the Kodi guide and use the PVR backend for all the EPG and recording of ANY channel.

Lastly, and this is more of a question, when I install an IPTV addon and put the m3u fill in there it's usually a link to a website. Is the m3u list being regularly update on that site? I thought about creating a custom m3u list that has the OTA channels at the start and some of the IP channels below but then when the IP channel links go bad I would have to find new links for those stations each time and manually update the playlist right? Plus, do the channels have to be coming through the PVR backend before they can be recorded or as long as they are in Kodi the PVR can record them?

Any guidance at all on how to add multiple TV sources effectively and how to merge them all into one guide without overlap?
I use PseudoTV Live for my live tv viewing. The only downside is that you have to generate your own guide data via zap2it (free), mc2xml (free), schedules direct (paid) . The hdhomerun addon pulls the Metadata and ptvl cannot access.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
nolos Wrote:I want to be able to open either the guide included in Kodi or an iptv guide such as ivue and see my OTA channels listed first, then all the iptv channels listed.

That's tricky at the moment since support for multiple addons is kind of flaky.

nolos Wrote:I thought about finding a way to alter the m3u and add my OTA channels but then they wont be coming through NextPVR and I wouldn't be able to record them right?

Indeed, NextPVR in this case is responsible for recording things so you can only record the channels that come from there.

As far as I can tell, iVue is just an addon which collects random pirated TV streams from the internet and displays its own guide for them. That means you can't get any support for it on these forums.
(2015-10-17, 07:53)negge Wrote: As far as I can tell, iVue is just an addon which collects random pirated TV streams from the internet and displays its own guide for them. That means you can't get any support for it on these forums.

Agreed. and i don't need iVue. I'm open to any guid for that matter. That was just one I grabbed to do some experimenting because it already had some IPTV channels in its guide.
Do you just want guide data or do you want more TV channels?
(2015-10-17, 13:15)negge Wrote: Do you just want guide data or do you want more TV channels?
I would like to e able to have more channels. Where I am at, I only get a few channels OTA. I would like to use those channels and also pay for an iptv service to get a few extra channels
Not sure if this has been solved but I created a similar post over on tvaddons forums pretty much looking for the same thing.

Hello All, I am new to Kodi and this is my first post here.

I just started playing with Kodi this week and so far seems like it can be a very viable replacement for my cable. My background is in IT so getting it to work for me is not an issue, the problem I have is getting it to work for others in my house. I am currently with a cable company and before that had Tivo with that cable company. I have played around with different builds and addons but can not seem to find that sweet spot to where all someone has to do is turn on the TV and HTPC and have a guide pop up and it autoload the shows from those channels.

What I have so far
Kodi 16 on 3 separate machines in my house and I have them linked to emby as a backend ( I was told this is a viable option for watching live tv and pausing and continue on another device) Also still trying to figure out the full extent of how emby should be setup properly for this to work. I also have a hauppage running into nextpvr collecting the 37 local channels in my area. A plex media server streaming all of my movies and shows to different consoles in my house.

The only true guide I can find anything about is **** TV Guide (any other suggestions would be welcomed) and within **** I have tried Genesis, different forms of ip *******, I4ATV, cCloud, free streams and a few others. With all of them I either do not get a stream at all, or get python errors when it tries to open that stream. With a few of the addons I kept getting authorization errors. Most of the info I have found on the python errors tells me its because the stream is down but I am no coder so I do not know.

What I would really love to have is a box that uses a guide to search my plex server, my local tv channels within nextpvr and iptv streams all from 1 guide source. To me I think this is a true set top box replacement and very easy to use.

I am not sure if I am asking alot or not. Maybe I am setting stuff up wrong, not sure. I will say and I think others out there might agree that if this can be a viable setup with very minor glitches, I would be willing to entertain paying a fee for it cause it would have to be less than what I am paying the cable company.

If anyone has help on any issues I am having, I wont turn down the help but I mainly started this thread to see if anyone in the US has created exactly what I am looking for and if so, what steps, addons, environment do you have setup.

Thanks!
There is a global search in Kodi, that's probably as close as you can get to searching all your content.
I created a combined IPTV & OTA EPG guide using FTV by creating a XMLTV guide for all channels (IPTV & OTA) using schedulesdirect & FTV. Now when I click on FTV I get an EPG that shows both OTA and IPTV channels.
I did this by creating the EPG in FTV and then linking it to the streams by creating favorites for EACH channel in Live TV & the IPTV (I use NTV) add-on.
My steps were:
-Enable FTV Add-on
-Created XMLTV guide to view in FTV using schedules direct & the XMLTV apps. This took some work as I had to chose the providers in SD, hide the channels I don't get and then the edit them in FTV so they were in the order I wanted. I also added channel logos.
-Once the EPG was working, I then set up live (OTA) TV. I've used MediaPortal, TVHeadEnd, Argus...any back end should do. As long as you can save the individual channels as favorites (I hit the 'C' button when I'm on them in the channel guide) - save each one you want to view as a favorite.
-Next I saved my IPTV channels as favorites. I use NTV currently, but have done it with USTVNOW. Once again save each channel you want to view as a favorite by viewing the channel in the app and then hitting "C" and saving to favorites.
-Finally I mapped the EPG I created in FTV to these favorites by editing the EPG channel guide in FTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The BIG question0