OSD will not disappear
I have reported this before but continue to be plagued with this problem.

I hit play on a file and it begins playing without showing the OSD, perfect, just as I want it.

Now if I pause the video for any reason, when I begin playback again the OSD will never disappear and remote input stops working.

It's truly surprising that after all this time I am the only one upset with this problem.

The only way for me to fix the problem is to use Yatse to stop playback complete and then start it back choosing to resume where it left off.
(2015-10-22, 16:53)wheemer Wrote: I have reported this before but continue to be plagued with this problem.

I hit play on a file and it begins playing without showing the OSD, perfect, just as I want it.

Now if I pause the video for any reason, when I begin playback again the OSD will never disappear and remote input stops working.

It's truly surprising that after all this time I am the only one upset with this problem.

The only way for me to fix the problem is to use Yatse to stop playback complete and then start it back choosing to resume where it left off.
I and presumably others have never experienced this issue with either Titan or Titan BETA.
While that may be true, and I envy you guys, I am pulling my hair out with this problem.

This is making my Kodi experience absolutely terrible as of late.

I have blown out and reinstalled everything from scratch a couple times yet this problem comes back always.

I have been testing other playback clients, might be time to switch away from Kodi. Since I no longer install the illegal plugins, it seems Kodi has no real benefit over things like Plex and Emby's client.
im kinda in the same boat,when i press play,the osd menu stays and it wont vanish,i have had some sucess in double clinking the left button while mouse is off screen and it goes,but surly like most skins ive use it goes fairly quick after film/tv show starts.
Are you guys using a mouse, keyboard or remote to control Kodi ?

With mouse it's true, you would have to right click to make the OSD go away.
im a mouse user and seems ok now to be honest double click and its gone.
And @wheemer also using mouse?
I've been using Titan for a few days now and my wife came across this exact problem today.

I use a remote control mapped to keyboard presses.

I found out my wife was using the OK button (enter/return) on the remote to resume playback, this was the only time the OSD stayed on screen.

In using the play button the OSD disappeared.

BTW Thanks for the cool skin.
It's Kodi default behaviour to not auto close the OSD.

I will add a setting to auto close the OSD after X seconds
I am using a simple remote that does not have a play button. So I always hit OK to bring up the OSD and then hit pause. When I come back to resume playback I hit th OK on the play icon in the OSD and this is when the OSD will not go away.
Ok, thanks. I have created some code to auto hide the osd. Available in tonight's skin beta
(2015-10-29, 15:35)wheemer Wrote: I am using a simple remote that does not have a play button. So I always hit OK to bring up the OSD and then hit pause. When I come back to resume playback I hit th OK on the play icon in the OSD and this is when the OSD will not go away.
Try the back button on your remote to close the OSD
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
All input from remote and keyboard does not work when the osd gets stuck, only thing that works is yatse from my phone
(2015-10-29, 15:51)wheemer Wrote: All input from remote and keyboard does not work when the osd gets stuck, only thing that works is yatse from my phone

Is it the full OSD that is shown, so with all the player controls ?
Or is it just the info, without any player controls that is "stuck" ?
It's the full OSD i believe... One thing I noticed is that when the OSD is up and I hit OK to resume playback, if I hit back right after, I can notice a white background on the timeline disappear. So it's removing something since I see a difference, but it fails to actually remove the complete overlay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD will not disappear0