Matricom G-box Q
Why is the Matricom G-box Q so disliked on this forum. I know quite a few who have this box and are quite happy, is it too plug and play ?
I am curious as to a specific reason before I buy.
Why, because these type of boxes are more than likely loaded with illegal addons that facilitate piracy.

What the seller of these boxes are doing is trading on the honesty and hard work of volunteers, that kindly donate much time and put in many years of unpaid work. All to end up with a free Open Source project you see today called Kodi.

Now do you think we all want to risk that for some lawyered up Hollywood Studio to shut down the forums and the project completely to the detriment of many thousand of users ? No.

Sellers who flaunt these types of devices are nothing better than blood sucking leaches, parasites ticks that feed off a healthy host and may eventually kill it. All just to make a quick buck. Pump and dump marketing.

You will often see these mass marketed devices promoted with a flashy website, doctored reviews and no support to the end user. Many of these types of Android boxes should be trashed at the point of purchase they are that rotten.

I think I may have made my point. May you have a good day Wink

(2015-10-23, 20:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Why, because these type of boxes are more than likely loaded with illegal addons that facilitate piracy.

What the seller of these boxes are doing is trading on the honesty and hard work of volunteers, that kindly donate much time and put in many years of unpaid work. All to end up with a free Open Source project you see today called Kodi.

Now do you think we all want to risk that for some lawyered up Hollywood Studio to shut down the forums and the project completely to the detriment of many thousand of users ? No.

Sellers who flaunt these types of devices are nothing better than blood sucking leaches, parasites ticks that feed off a healthy host and may eventually kill it. All just to make a quick buck. Pump and dump marketing.

You will often see these mass marketed devices promoted with a flashy website, doctored reviews and no support to the end user. Many of these types of Android boxes should be trashed at the point of purchase they are that rotten.

I think I may have made my point. May you have a good day Wink

First post. I don't agree with your comment. The Matricom G-Box Q came loaded with nothing but Android. No preinstall of Kodi, plain black box only.

Some sellers on eBay do preload the program for you but that is not anymore the fault of Matricom than if a seller loaded MAME onto it.
I have not had any problems with mine so I have not needed support. I have however needed support for problems with computers, cellphones and HDTV's that I have purchased. All electronics manufacturers customer support suck with one exception Apple. Even then, how helpful would they be with a Jailbroken device running Kodi? The days of customer service are done.

Android boxes seem like the most logical choice for most users. They are small, cheap and powerful. The processing power is constantly being updated with better specs because it is being run on hardware that has the same architecture as our phones which is currently undergoing a spec war. Most users feel comfortable using Android because it is familiar, know how to access the play store and download an app. Plus, there is no rooting or jailbreaking necessary.

My experience with the G-Box Q has been nothing but positive. I still am new to Kodi. I have not loaded it onto any other set top boxes to make a comparison. I have it on several devices a Dell Venue 11, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matricom G-box Q0