what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?
I used mx3 remote to control any android tv box
I'll second that the "real" MCE USB IR aren't working. I have two "legit" ones, and I think I *just* got rid of a big ol' bag of cords yesterday that had two of the non legit ones Confused

Go figure. I have two FLIRCs, so it looks like I'm ordering a third Big Grin

I use Harmony Remotes throughout the house, for what it's worth (900 for Living Room, 1100 for Basement / Media Room, One for bedroom).
Harmony Hub Smart Control with mixed wifi / bluetooth settings (like previously mentioned, only replacing Ir with wifi) and a Flymote C120 when a airmouse is needed (outside Kodi) - It's a $11 air mouse that's very light and works fine.
So the nVidia Shield Remote doesn't work with Kodi?

According to nVidia, Shield TV and Kodi are an "ideal match".
So far, I have tinkered around with a lot of options.. harmony is just not for me. It's laggy, slow and sluggish. I know Flirc kind of kills the aesthetics of the shield but it is the best and easiest way to go. Pick a remote of your choice, stick a Flirc in and ur good to go. I have tried a number of remotes, the latest being the Xbox media remote and it works like a charm on the shield with a flirc.
(2016-01-09, 10:33)ozkhan1 Wrote: So far, I have tinkered around with a lot of options.. harmony is just not for me. It's laggy, slow and sluggish. I know Flirc kind of kills the aesthetics of the shield but it is the best and easiest way to go. Pick a remote of your choice, stick a Flirc in and ur good to go. I have tried a number of remotes, the latest being the Xbox media remote and it works like a charm on the shield with a flirc.

Harmony Hub which now supports control of the shield via Wifi is super slick and fast ... no IR no bluetooth and all that entails
(2016-01-09, 10:04)Prizm4 Wrote: So the nVidia Shield Remote doesn't work with Kodi?

According to nVidia, Shield TV and Kodi are an "ideal match".

For my purposes, navigating and configuring Kodi, watching videos and playing music the nVidia Shield TV remote works perfectly well with Kodi. There are not enough buttons to access the more advanced features. The major inaccessible feature, accessing the context menu, is, I believe being addressed in Javis, with long key presses. For now, on the odd occasion I need the context menu I use the game controller.

Apart from being short of a few buttons, the worse problem for me is the remote's habit of hiding between the sofa cushions.
The new Firetv 2 remote works pretty good do far. Really easy to pair now that's its wifi and not Bluetooth. You can change channels useing the up/down arrows thu the PVR . The mic works but I need to do some testing on the start stop of the voice part . But overall I love useing it and its half the price of nvidia remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what remote are you using with your NVIDIA shield set top box?0