my kodi won't work
I am having trouble.with my Raspberry Pi2 with Kodi preloaded. I hooked everything up (or so I thought) and when I plug the Raspberry in the install screen is there and 2 lines. One says Raspberry PI with Kodi and the next is Raspberry Pi2 with Kodi. It will let me put a check in each box but will not do anything else. I worked on it for over 2 hours with no results. What am I doing wrongHuh? Of course there are no instructions with the package. Hopefully it is something real simple. I have a small wireless keyboard (that I also have no idea to use)
"Preloaded" as in "I have no clue to what is on the SDcard"?

Normally what you do is you download a disk image from the RPi website and you select this image based on what distribution you want.
Distribution means what flavour of Linux do you want the RPi to run.
There are a few to select from:
For Kodi use (Kodi is an application that runs in a Linux box as the RPi) the most common ones are:
- OpenElec, which is a minimalistic Linux with just what is needed for Kodi to work.
- OSMC, which is also geared towards use as a media center with Kodi as the application but OSMC is not locked down as much as OpenElec.

For general use as a computing platform:
- Raspbian Jessie, which is a Debian Jessie based distribution with lots of possibilities
- Raspbian Wheezy, which is based on the previous version of Debian code-named Wheezy

Once you have downloaded the disk image you need to burn it onto a fresh Micro-SDcard (instructions on the Internet), then plug it into the Pi and start it.
You will typically get to a setup screen where you select among the options to finalize the SDcard for use.
You mention the RPi vs RPi2 selection and this is caused by the fact that there are 2 hardware generations of the RPI with different CPU types so the setup needs to know for which you want to set up the card.

There is also the NOOB disk image, which I have not used, but I think it includes several distributions on the same card and you select which you want to run when you start it the first time...
You might have gotten yourself a NOOB card.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Thanks.
I know that it said NOOB on it. I have no idea either. I was told all I had to do was put it together and plug it in. Now I am wondering what I got myself into because I am not that technical savvy. Hopefully with the NOOB disk someone can help me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my kodi won't work0