Amazon Fire TV Crashing
Hi All,

I have two AFTV boxes connected to a Synology NAS with a MySQL database. having everything in sync is awesome, but I'm experiencing an issue with the AFTV's whereby they crash at random.

What I mean by this is that whilst playing a video, I suddenly get kicked out of the video and back to the Library screen. When I navigate back to the video I was playing, Kodi refuses to play it (no message or anything, the enter button just won't make it play) until I exit Kodi and reopen it.

This seemingly happens at random, it doesn't seem to be linked to the size, resolution or bitrate of the video and it doesn't happen at the same point in videos.

Does anyone have any suggestions please or is this a known issue?

Thanks
Generally speaking, this leads to a network issue.

If this is about a random "grey" internet stream, this is more-or-less to be expected.
If this is a local lan streaming, you might want to check your router and/or nas.
Thanks for your message, I'm streaming local content over WiFi.

The NAS (Synology DS413j) seems to be ok, processor, memory usage and network utilisation seem relatively low, I've been watching for spikes or issues whilst playing videos in case it was an issue here but can't see anything. The NAS is connected over ethernet.

Router wise, I have an Asus RT-N66U which should be up to the job as there's nothing else on the network using significant bandwidth, but to be sure, I disabled WiFi on this and borrowed a Ruckus R700 from work, the two AFTV's are the only things connected and I'm only using one at a time both still exhibit this issue.

Is there any way to diagnose further?

Thanks
Hi All,

Kodi now completely freezes on the video screen, I've pulled out the logs and have uploaded to PasteBin, I hope I've done everything correctly, could someone have a look please?

http://pastebin.com/aCijbZ3y

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Crashing0