Req Hard Drive Movie Name is Displayed in the Movies List.
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

I would like to see a feature to display the movies in my movie list exactly as I have them named on my hard drive. This will help with having multiple versions of films, or extended versions listed.

I have been struggling for years with this one, that is to have my movies listed with certain suffixes, for example My movies are named as such.
Blade Runner - TC (1982), for theatrical cut, Blade Runner - FC (1982) for Final Cut, Blade Runner - DC (1982), for the directors cut. etc etc etc.
Now, try as i might, I cant work out how to get the scraper to work with these, nor does anyone else seem interested.
Im sure there are many out there who have different ways of labelling their different prints of movies and Id like to see Kodi one day finally sort this out.

For now however, if the movies are displayed as I have named them, I will see my directors cuts and theatrical cuts and extended editions, and unrated editions etc etc etc displayed, without having to edit the title names of hundreds of movies when i rebuild my databases across 5 machines in the house.

Thanks for your help in advance.

OzDrDj
Any thoughts from anyone? Is it possible? Will it never happen? Am I wasting my breath?
have you tried settings->video->file list-> and un-tick "Replace file names with library titles" ?

D.
Exclamation 
Thanks for the reply Dam0,

Well, yeah, tried that. Wouldnt work over the network, wiped my database and tried again, now the computer cant locate the movies on the network. lol. and yes i tried the network config guide, although i have done it many times before, just wonk work now. Wont find the network, but if i copy the kodi folder from 1 computer back to this one, it works fine. Weird, but thats another story.

No, the movies still have different names. Im not sure where the names are coming from, they still look like they are the Movie Database names. but certainly not the names from my hard drive.

Is it possible Developers? Or is it still a feature request?

Thanks Again
Hello Developers? Is this possible? Or is this a scraper thing? Can one of you developers answer please?
You developers are a rude pack aren't you.
(2015-11-07, 06:43)OzDrDj Wrote: This will help with having multiple versions of films, or extended versions listed.

Did you google for "Movie Extras"?

Theres a Addon which handles such Extras for you. (And also some Skins which natively support this Addon) Nod

Quote:settings->video->file list-> and un-tick "Replace file names with library titles" ?

This works on my Side in Filemode.Wink

Guess swear against devs doesnt help, most if it looks like you didnt google to try to achive what ur after. (just my 2cts)
If you stick each film in its own folder with an .nfo you can call it anything you want when it's scanned.
For a similar reason i have an additional line "File name" in the movie info dialog. (not the list itself)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=242892
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
You can modify media source media flags (wiki) to do what you want, by adding images to your skin files. You'll probably get some false positives with two-letter flags, though.
(2015-12-06, 11:30)Rantanplan-1 Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 06:43)OzDrDj Wrote: This will help with having multiple versions of films, or extended versions listed.

Did you google for "Movie Extras"?

Theres a Addon which handles such Extras for you. (And also some Skins which natively support this Addon) Nod

Quote:settings->video->file list-> and un-tick "Replace file names with library titles" ?

This works on my Side in Filemode.Wink

Thanks for that, Didnt know about the Add On, will look immediatley. I have looked at many different skins, but I guess theres a reason they use Confluence as a standard as It just looks neat and uncluttered, I try others but keep going home. and as for replace file names with library titles. I have tried this, but it makes no fdifference for me. Not sure why that is, maybe because I Have all my movie on my main pc, and run Kodi on 4 different PCs through the house. I keep the main pc in the loungeroom theater updated manually each day, and then have the other units use free file sync on startup and automatically match the main kodi directory. Works perfectly. Just cant get it to use my file names. Apparently I have to learn how to write code and change the scraper. Cant see that happening, not a programmer, but you never know. Cheers.

Guess swear against devs doesnt help, most if it looks like you didnt google to try to achive what ur after. (just my 2cts)
(2015-12-06, 12:17)trogggy Wrote: If you stick each film in its own folder with an .nfo you can call it anything you want when it's scanned.

so i have to write an .nfo file for 3000 movies? Nah.

or I have to write an nfo file for 750+ directors cuts and extendeds etc, again Nah.

looks like the way out is the scraper. I'll have to modify it. however I cant see me doing that, not that smart.

Maybe I'll pay someone on here to help me re-write a scraper.
(2015-12-07, 08:46)Ned Scott Wrote: You can modify media source media flags (wiki) to do what you want, by adding images to your skin files. You'll probably get some false positives with two-letter flags, though.

Again, adding info to 3000 plus movies too much.
(2015-12-12, 04:04)OzDrDj Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 12:17)trogggy Wrote: If you stick each film in its own folder with an .nfo you can call it anything you want when it's scanned.

so i have to write an .nfo file for 3000 movies? Nah.

or I have to write an nfo file for 750+ directors cuts and extendeds etc, again Nah.

looks like the way out is the scraper. I'll have to modify it. however I cant see me doing that, not that smart.

Maybe I'll pay someone on here to help me re-write a scraper.
No, you don't have to write 3000.nfo's.
You use a media manager. Ember, Media Companion, that sort of thing.
It still involves some effort though. I waded through mine a few years ago, now adding new stuff is simple and scans give exactly what I want.
(2015-12-12, 04:11)OzDrDj Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 08:46)Ned Scott Wrote: You can modify media source media flags (wiki) to do what you want, by adding images to your skin files. You'll probably get some false positives with two-letter flags, though.

Again, adding info to 3000 plus movies too much.

This is something that would work with your existing naming conventions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard Drive Movie Name is Displayed in the Movies List.1